an update for iOS 11+ users...
An update for iOS 11+ users:
Treasures of Infocom
As has been publicised, with iOS 11, Apple
discontinued support for 32-bit apps, of which Lost Treasures
of Infocom was one. Though we too would love to see this
game live on as a 64-bit iOS app, unfortunately, updating the app
is not up to us. It was created under contract for Activision.
As publisher, they are the only ones who can issue updates.
As it stands, we have not been approached to assist them in
this, and we have received no response to our inquiries. Though
we cannot confirm this first hand, other fans have reported that Activision
Support classifies Lost Treasures of Infocom as a
We share your disappointment. We're quite proud of Lost
Treasures of Infocom and were sad to see it go (but we're
keeping it installed on our iPod 5 for posterity!).
is the definitive compilation of 27
incomparable Infocom text adventures. From A Mind Forever
, Infocom created a beloved and
unequalled brain-teasing genre.
Infocom's immersive text adventures put you into the story. As
your turn-based adventure unfolds, take action by issuing plain
English commands to explore, solve puzzles, engage in
conversation with game characters, etc.
Lost Treasures of Infocom includes:
- Zork I: The Underground Empire,
complete with InvisiClues and maps for free with
- Adventure Collection: Border Zone,
Cutthroats, Hollywood Hijinx, Infidel,
- Fantasy Collection I: Zork II, Zork
III, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, Plundered
Hearts, and Wishbringer.
- Fantasy Collection II: Enchanter,
Sorcerer, Spellbreaker, The Lurking
Horror, and Trinity.
- Mystery Collection: Ballyhoo, Deadline,
Moonmist, Suspect, and The Witness.
- Sci-Fi Collection: A Mind Forever
Voyaging, Planetfall, Stationfall,
Starcross, and Suspended: A Cryogenic
- Bonus Zork: The Undiscovered
Underground when you get the complete collection.
Not only does the collection include all 27 adventures
(including the original Zork for free!), it also
- "Feelies": Each game's "Feelies" are reproduced in
digital form. Feelies are physical pack-in items to
complement the story. They can range from mere props to
items that contain essential clues to the game's
solution. 2D and 3D Feelies are included, including
manuals, booklets, boxes, trinkets, etc. Zoom in and
examine every detail.
- InvisiClues: stuck in a game? We've
included electronic replicas of these booklets, full of
hints for the games' puzzles and challenges. Like the
original InvisiClues, answers are hidden. Reveal only the
answers you need and avoid unwanted spoilers (and
- Maps: for most games, add-on maps are
available to help the lost and reveal secret passages. If
you are stuck, consult the maps to find your way.
- History of Infocom: for an informative
nostalgia trip to the heyday of text adventuring
supremecy, read about the origin, growth and journey of
the Infocom legacy.
Code Mystics has also added an abundance of features
to Lost Treasures of Infocom to get the most out of game
play on your iPhone, iPod or iPad:
- Constant auto-save. Never lose your
place in a game. 10 manual save slots are also available
in each game so that you may restore your progress when
faced with a lethal challenge.
- One-touch navigation. Move with a single
tap of the compass UI. No need to use the virtual
keyboard to move.
- Auto-complete to speed up the entry of
words you've encountered in the story or have used
before. (Auto-complete won't give you spoilers for words
you've yet to encounter.)
- User-definable shortcut buttons that
allow you to type entire words with a single press.
- Copy words from the story text directly
into the command line with a single touch.
- Use the virtual keyboard's dictation function on newer
devices to speak your commands.
- Both portrait and landscape are
supported, giving you flexibility in your presentation
whether you're on the go or relaxing.
- Scroll back through your game history.
- New undo feature added to all games, to
undo the last step in case of error.
- Customisable text. Choose the text size
and colour scheme that appeals to you.
- Online leaderboards and achievements via
- Native support for iPhone 5 to maximise
your playable screen space.
Whether you're a life-long fan or new to text adventuring,
Lost Treasures of Infocom is a unique and loving tribute to the
genre that is not to be missed!
Download the iOS App here for free!
Have a Bluetooth Keyboard? Just tap the screen to
activate the keyboard input for a genuinely retro text