The King of Fighters 2002 UM - true widescreen

If you have a comment that doesn't fit in the Support or Feedback forums, post it here!
hexaluna

The King of Fighters 2002 UM - true widescreen

Post by hexaluna »

Good morning, developers and programmers from Code Mystics.
My name is Rafael Luna. I am a university student in digital game development, and I would like to know if you could solve a small graphic problem in the KoF 2002 UM, which you brought from PS2 to Steam.
In the transition from NeoGeo Battle Coliseum PS2 to XBLA, the 4: 3 to 16: 9 issue has been resolved.
In the transition from KoF 2002 UM PS2 to XBLA, bars were added to fill in, with the characters Nameless, on the left and K ', on the right, as you can see in the attachments to this email.
I would like to ask you, please, to check the possibility of solving this problem, as it has been more than 5 years since I asked SNK Playmore for this, they promise to solve it and never solve it.
As I know that you have already solved countless problems with this KoF, I believe that this, despite a great challenge, is not impossible.
It also seems that the characters Kasumi and Hinako usually do a lot of damage to the characters, but I'm not sure if it needs balancing.
If necessary a programmer, in possession of the code, I am a student, but I can start something that they have no time to do.
I kindly ask you to pay attention to this and a future port for Android and IOS, as KoF 2002 UM is one of the best KoF ever released to date and still has championships, just like the KoF 98 UM.
Having the option to use the widescreen truly would be fantastic, without having to stretch the sprites and scenarios, as you can see in the pictures of the NeoGeo Battle Coliseum of XBLA.
I truly appreciate all your opportunity and attention.
Attachments
true_wide_1.jpeg
true_wide_1.jpeg (98.14 KiB) Viewed 10179 times
wide_bar_0.jpeg
wide_bar_0.jpeg (25.26 KiB) Viewed 10179 times
CodeMystics

Re: The King of Fighters 2002 UM - true widescreen

Post by CodeMystics »

SNK does not wish to alter the games in this fashion. For widescreen support you will need to turn to their more modern iterations of KOF.

For the historical games such as KOF2002UM, there is a "stretch" option that eliminates the bars.
hexaluna

Post by hexaluna »

I believe that SNK does not have anyone capable of doing this, which is a pity. Companies like Blizzard restructured and redesigned StarCraft, as the game is immortal and goes back decades.
I feel sorry for investors who can't see that something that worked really well should be valued and improved, fixing bugs and improving the visual aspect.
Accept your suggestion to stretch the game to 16:9 which is to underestimate the intelligence of all players, knowing that this deforms the character and the setting.
In fact, it's even a disrespect or at the very least a very shameful excuse. I expected more from Code Mystics and SNK.
Then don't complain if in the future you go bankrupt.
I thank the attention.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

hexaluna wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:57 pm I believe that SNK does not have anyone capable of doing this, which is a pity. Companies like Blizzard restructured and redesigned StarCraft, as the game is immortal and goes back decades.
I feel sorry for investors who can't see that something that worked really well should be valued and improved, fixing bugs and improving the visual aspect.
Accept your suggestion to stretch the game to 16:9 which is to underestimate the intelligence of all players, knowing that this deforms the character and the setting.
In fact, it's even a disrespect or at the very least a very shameful excuse. I expected more from Code Mystics and SNK.
Then don't complain if in the future you go bankrupt.
I thank the attention.
You may not have read our response correctly. SNK is restructuring and redesigning King of Fighters. KOFXV is coming out in 2022. We are saying you will find the modern presentations you seek in the modern iterations of the game. That's where such updates are.