ATARI FLASHBACK CLASSICS SWITCH Physical Version - Ad-Hoc / Wireless Local Play

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Kurtois

ATARI FLASHBACK CLASSICS SWITCH Physical Version - Ad-Hoc / Wireless Local Play

Post by Kurtois »

Setup:
2x Original Generation Nintendo Switch Units running latest stable OS
Physical Copy of ATARI FLASHBACK CLASSICS for SWITCH in each unit updated to v1.0.2

After trying several 'Match Version...' and creating a group within the Switch "OS", we are unable to play in an Ad-Hoc Wireless or Local.

Please advise how to play locally as advertised on the box.
CodeMystics

Re: ATARI FLASHBACK CLASSICS SWITCH Physical Version - Ad-Hoc / Wireless Local Play

Post by CodeMystics »

Kurtois wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:42 pm Setup:
2x Original Generation Nintendo Switch Units running latest stable OS
Physical Copy of ATARI FLASHBACK CLASSICS for SWITCH in each unit updated to v1.0.2

After trying several 'Match Version...' and creating a group within the Switch "OS", we are unable to play in an Ad-Hoc Wireless or Local.

Please advise how to play locally as advertised on the box.
There is no ad hoc wireless multiplayer. The game supports "couch co-op" (i.e. multiple controllers, one device) and Internet-based online multiplayer.
Kurtois

Re: ATARI FLASHBACK CLASSICS SWITCH Physical Version - Ad-Hoc / Wireless Local Play

Post by Kurtois »

CodeMystics wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:20 pm There is no ad hoc wireless multiplayer. The game supports "couch co-op" (i.e. multiple controllers, one device) and Internet-based online multiplayer.
Does "Internet-based online multiplayer" mean the software would allow me to play a game of 'Combat' against a human opponent who has a Switch and a copy of the game?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Kurtois wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:42 pm
CodeMystics wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:20 pm There is no ad hoc wireless multiplayer. The game supports "couch co-op" (i.e. multiple controllers, one device) and Internet-based online multiplayer.
Does "Internet-based online multiplayer" mean the software would allow me to play a game of 'Combat' against a human opponent who has a Switch and a copy of the game?
Yes, once the Switch is online, it can play against any other Switch which is also online and running the same cartridge. But you don't need to go online to accomplish this. If you have the Switch (not Switch Lite), to play someone near you, all you have to do is detach the Joy-Con and use one for Player 1 and one for Player 2. You can also pair additional controllers with the Switch Lite to accomplish the same thing.
Kurtois

Post by Kurtois »

Can I assume four player games like Warlords, Video Olympics, etc. will accommodate four players both playing with four Joy-Cons on one console or via Nintendo's Online paid service?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Kurtois wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:43 am Can I assume four player games like Warlords, Video Olympics, etc. will accommodate four players both playing with four Joy-Cons on one console or via Nintendo's Online paid service?
The online feature connects two machines only, so it would be two players each on two machines.

Four local Joy-Cons on one console also works.
Kurtois

Post by Kurtois »

Is there any chance this title will be updated to allow four independent machines to connect either ad-hoc wirelessly in a local environment or via Nintendo's paid online service?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Kurtois wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:16 pm Is there any chance this title will be updated to allow four independent machines to connect either ad-hoc wirelessly in a local environment or via Nintendo's paid online service?
To be honest, it's unlikely. We don't have any insight into Atari's plans, but the game was released two years ago and Atari has not retained us to do any updates since.