Arcade1up NBA Jam software updates

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
teddyy80

Re: Arcade1up NBA Jam software updates

Post by teddyy80 »

How do I contact them? Plus I can't remove the joysticks. I was able to unscrew one of them but not the others. And there is no tension when I screwed them on to let me know they are tight. One came off during game play.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:47 am How do I contact them? Plus I can't remove the joysticks. I was able to unscrew one of them but not the others. And there is no tension when I screwed them on to let me know they are tight. One came off during game play.
Sorry, we have nothing to do with the hardware. Presumably there is a Customer Support contact in the manual? If not, you can reach out to them on Twitter or Facebook.

Certainly, tension isn't going to be a factor in input lag. It's not going to be a physical problem. Rather, the controllers have their own processors in them. If they are slow to provide their information to the game, then that could be the source of the input lag. We're not saying that has to be the problem, just that local input lag is not going to be a result of our software. Unnatural input lag would have to be a consequence of communication between the controller and the main CPU or else something wrong with the main CPU. The controllers and the CPU were created by a different company. However, it would be helpful to them and us to quantify how much of an input lag you are experiencing. 1/10th of a second? 1/2 a second?
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

It is about a half of a second. And I see where I can contact the hardware guys in the warranty guide.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:02 pm It is about a half of a second. And I see where I can contact the hardware guys in the warranty guide.
One thing to consider first: are you sure you weren't joined by someone else who was online? Even if you start your game locally, if someone else online joins you that counts as an online game and can be subject to online latency issues. Take the game fully "Invisible" on the main menu to be sure.
TallaNasty

Post by TallaNasty »

CodeMystics wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:39 pm Unfortunately, we can't have departing players turn into CPU players. That's not something the arcade game could do, and since it's an emulation we are restricted by what the arcade game is able to do.
That being said, are we able to add a loss to the record of someone bailing out of an online game? The bigger problem with bailouts is the fact it's abused so that the user who's bailing gets to dodge a loss.
If users are able to dodge losses, it takes away from the leaderboard's integrity. If we can't manipulate the emulation in response to "network events", can we manipulate the leaderboard values based on a "game state + network event" condition?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

TallaNasty wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 am
CodeMystics wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:39 pm Unfortunately, we can't have departing players turn into CPU players. That's not something the arcade game could do, and since it's an emulation we are restricted by what the arcade game is able to do.
That being said, are we able to add a loss to the record of someone bailing out of an online game? The bigger problem with bailouts is the fact it's abused so that the user who's bailing gets to dodge a loss.
If users are able to dodge losses, it takes away from the leaderboard's integrity. If we can't manipulate the emulation in response to "network events", can we manipulate the leaderboard values based on a "game state + network event" condition?
We are discussing the matter with the Arcade1Up people. Do note though you don't record a win or a loss unless you enter your initials at the start and play all 4 quarters.
TallaNasty

Post by TallaNasty »

That would be awesome. Right now I'm having to mash shoot/turbo/pass after games so I can at least have a chance of recording a win/loss. Next best thing is adding the dodger to your favorites so you can beat em by 20 later. :lol:
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Another thing, when you create a player you should be able to obtain 80 attribute points not 70. That would max out your character. 70 doesn't. That's definitely an update you should do right away.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:05 pm Another thing, when you create a player you should be able to obtain 80 attribute points not 70. That would max out your character. 70 doesn't. That's definitely an update you should do right away.
We cannot alter game play.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

That has nothing to do with game play. I'm talking about when you create a player. Under the attributes section under the create player the original arcade game had it where you have 80 points after you win so many games. This one doesn't.