Atari's greatest hits - original iPad

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Cavediver

Atari's greatest hits - original iPad

Post by Cavediver » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi folks,

I purchased Atari's Greatest Hits years ago (on my gen 1 iPad). I bought the iCade cabinet and it was pretty fun... I recently dusted it all off and tried it again, and for some inexplicable reason the Portrait orientation keeps failing, which means I can't use the iPad in the iCade cabinet.

I've looked and looked through settings and I'm just not seeing the solution. What am I doing wrong?

CodeMystics

Re: Atari's greatest hits - original iPad

Post by CodeMystics » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Portrait is selected manually under the Controls option. It's independent of the device's current orientation.

Cavediver

Post by Cavediver » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Thank you for the fast reply! Unfortunately my version of the software (which is admittedly as old as dirt) doesn't have that option. Is there ANY possible way to side-load an update?

CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Cavediver wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Thank you for the fast reply! Unfortunately my version of the software (which is admittedly as old as dirt) doesn't have that option. Is there ANY possible way to side-load an update?
Actually, it's always had this option. Touch the arcade cabinet you wish to play, select the Controls icon, then scroll through the layouts to find the portrait mode one you like the best. Usually the last in the list is the most ideal for iCade.

Cavediver

Post by Cavediver » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:46 am

My sincere apologies - I was looking for a global setting! I swear I used to know how to operate my iPad, I really did.

Thanks very much, and thanks for putting out such an awesome title!