KOF98UMFE: Dropped frames/inputs?

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Flotilla

KOF98UMFE: Dropped frames/inputs?

Post by Flotilla »

Does KOFUMFE make use of frame skip, or is known to suffer from frame drops? As it is, the game appears to only ever get up to 59FPS in both menus and games, occasionally dropping to 58. Is this the original framerate of the Neo-Geo version?

I wonder because I may also be having the oft-reported issue with dropped HC motions on keyboard, and was curious if the issue could be caused by the game eating inputs due to dropped/skipped frames. It's something to consider, especially since some people using controllers seem to be having the issue as well.
albedo58

Re: KOF98UMFE: Dropped frames/inputs?

Post by albedo58 »

Some of the inputs being eaten doesn't have to do with that, I'm sure.

I'm having this issue where I'm in practice mode and I'm trying to do the stomp glitch combo with Kim, that involves walking forward after the stomp. Sometimes, even though I'm HOLDING forward, even for a few seconds, Kim just stands there. I have to let go of forward and then hit forward again, to get him to walk, so it's clearly not recognizing that the key is being held. I don't think that has to do with dropped frames.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

KOF98 does not have any frame dropping code in it. We're puzzled by reports of this and are trying to replicate, but it seems to be system-dependent.
inayamike

Post by inayamike »

I'm having problems with frame rate, there are severe frame drops at points and the game just overall feels slow, even on the minimal settings?
attitude
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

inayamike wrote:I'm having problems with frame rate, there are severe frame drops at points and the game just overall feels slow, even on the minimal settings?
Could you elaborate please? Is this in online play or offline play? If offline, what are your system specs? What do you mean by "minimal settings"?