Atari's Greatest Hits on iOS 8

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
berlingoodman

Re: Atari's Greatest Hits on iOS 8

Post by berlingoodman »

Thanks. but it only has 5 games downloaded (Missile Command, Tempest, Atari Video Cube, Outlaw and Tempest-2600) and if I keep hitting restore, no new games are downloaded, not even one by one. It appears stuck. Any ideas? (Really hope I don't have to go to Apple with this!)
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

berlingoodman wrote:Thanks. but it only has 5 games downloaded (Missile Command, Tempest, Atari Video Cube, Outlaw and Tempest-2600) and if I keep hitting restore, no new games are downloaded, not even one by one. It appears stuck. Any ideas? (Really hope I don't have to go to Apple with this!)
Sorry, could you elaborate please? When you restore purchases it restores your access to games you previously bought under the same Apple ID you are currently signed in with. Restoring your access doesn't mean that it downloads it automatically. You will however see the "Buy" and "Token Play" buttons on previously purchased games become "Quick Play" and "Select". At that point if you hit "Quick Play" or "Select" it will begin the download for that game.

If the App Store has no record of you having made a particular purchase, then yes, that you would have to take up with Apple.

Incidentally, the all-games-free offer on Atari's 40th anniversary can't be restored as that was never a purchase. (If you did download it, FWIW, there was a notice about that at install time.)
berlingoodman

Post by berlingoodman »

Hi,

It's only shows 'Quick Play' and 'Select' for those 5 games I mentioned.

The problem may be that I contacted Apple for a refund for AGH when there was no update. They promised to give me one and yet I never received it. I'll have to sort this out with them it seems.

My boyfriend just downloaded the update and he also had previously purchased all the games. Selecting restoring purchases brought up a message saying there was nothing to restore. And only 'Buy' and 'Purchase Tokens' buttons. Very maddening!
berlingoodman

Post by berlingoodman »

Hi again,

OK so we got it sorted out with Apple.

But can someone please tell me how to restore purchases all at once? In the setting when we click 'Restore Purchases' we always get a message that says 1 game has been restored. When clicking Quick Play, a game is re-downloaded and then works fine, but it's a pain having to do them all one by one. Isn't there anyway to restore all the games at once?

Thank you!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

berlingoodman wrote:Hi again,

OK so we got it sorted out with Apple.

But can someone please tell me how to restore purchases all at once? In the setting when we click 'Restore Purchases' we always get a message that says 1 game has been restored. When clicking Quick Play, a game is re-downloaded and then works fine, but it's a pain having to do them all one by one. Isn't there anyway to restore all the games at once?

Thank you!
It's not saying one game is restored, but that one purchase has been restored. If you bought the "99 games" package, then that counts as one purchase. You should only have to use Restore Purchases once. As you note, the game assets down not download automatically, though. The intent was to give users more control over when and what was downloaded. If you download everything, there's potentially the better part of a gigabyte of data involved, depending on screen resolution.
mckafka99

Post by mckafka99 »

Just curious - are there any plans for MFi Controller support? Thanks again for a great app!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

mckafka99 wrote:Just curious - are there any plans for MFi Controller support? Thanks again for a great app!
We do not know what Atari's plans are for the app at this time.
berlingoodman

Post by berlingoodman »

CodeMystics wrote:
It's not saying one game is restored, but that one purchase has been restored. If you bought the "99 games" package, then that counts as one purchase. You should only have to use Restore Purchases once. As you note, the game assets down not download automatically, though. The intent was to give users more control over when and what was downloaded. If you download everything, there's potentially the better part of a gigabyte of data involved, depending on screen resolution.

Got it. The app and all games work fine now and we are really enjoying it. Thanks again so much!

Moving on....
Is this the place to bring to your attention some tiny mistakes in the reproductions of the original games? Please indulge me.

I noticed that in Golf, when the player lifts his club to swing, there is no 'beep, beep, beep' sound like there is in the original cartridge version. This is to help indicate how far back the player is swinging the club.

I realize this is TOTALLY anal. Perhaps I should start a new thread for these nerdy observations. ;-)
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

berlingoodman wrote:Moving on....
Is this the place to bring to your attention some tiny mistakes in the reproductions of the original games? Please indulge me.

I noticed that in Golf, when the player lifts his club to swing, there is no 'beep, beep, beep' sound like there is in the original cartridge version. This is to help indicate how far back the player is swinging the club.

I realize this is TOTALLY anal. Perhaps I should start a new thread for these nerdy observations. ;-)
We've noted it for investigation when there's an update. Yes, this should probably go in a new thread.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Closing this thread as the iOS compatibility issue it was discussing has been rectified. Please start a new thread for any new issues you encounter.