Samurai Shodown 7 lobby system

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Diedis

Samurai Shodown 7 lobby system

Post by Diedis »

Hello,
I'm not sure if this post is in the right place, or if Code Mystics can even effect this problem in any way but it's worth a shot.
An online lobby on the steam version for Samurai Shodown 7 systematically crashes after 1 hour exactly of it's creation, no exceptions. The match might crash due to poor connection or other means, but the lobby itself will effectively softlock after 1 hour causing any player within the lobby to restart the game.
I was hoping if anything can be done as you guys are working on rollback for the game, or if this problems could be brought up to SNK in any manner

Thank you.
JuKe

Re: Samurai Shodown 7 lobby system

Post by JuKe »

Up.

The lobby problem is real. I've even mentioned it on Twitter and you guys said that you never witnessed a lobby crash. Maybe the crashs are related to the current netcode on Steam and your rollback version ( that you guys are probably testing right now ) is fine.

I know nothing about game development or coding, but i hope that is the case.
CodeMystics

Re: Samurai Shodown 7 lobby system

Post by CodeMystics »

JuKe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:30 am The lobby problem is real. I've even mentioned it on Twitter and you guys said that you never witnessed a lobby crash. Maybe the crashs are related to the current netcode on Steam and your rollback version ( that you guys are probably testing right now ) is fine.
Perhaps. We'll see how the beta goes.