Killer instinct 1up

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Grasshopper

Killer instinct 1up

Post by Grasshopper »

Hi code mystics! We all love the new beta but after talking to a lot of people in our group I made a list of suggestions for you that we would love to see. Let me know what you think and keep up the great work!

Suggestions:

1) best out of 3 match option - Would be great to have best out of 3 with auto kicking the looser and starting up the next player automatically.

2) spectators - we would love to see who's spectating by pressing the live button

3) what about adding p1 and p2 next to the names in the bottom so you know who's who without looking to hard?

Thanks again!
CodeMystics

Re: Killer instinct 1up

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback.

Some comments:

The left player's name is on the left and the right player's name is on the right. ;) If you're playing, the one that isn't you is white.

There is both a technical and aesthetic reason the spectator's names are not available. The technical reason is the spectating machines (except one) are not in direct communication with the players and we want to keep it that way because we don't want added spectating traffic to interfere with the netcode performance. (Slightly more technical: enumerating every participant in the mesh and reporting it back to the head node breaks the "scalability".) The aesthetic reason is that lurkers can be shy and we don't want to discourage them from participating.
Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper »

Makes sense! So we're down to best out of 3 ha! Thanks for reply and info
merjim

Post by merjim »

First of all, want to say a big thanks to CodeMystics.

I'm happy with the comments ;) but just want you to know that I'll +1 this suggestion
1) best out of 3 match option - Would be great to have best out of 3 with auto kicking the looser and starting up the next player automatically.
I'm a May 23 zodiac sign, so a social life and life full of adventure are for me.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

merjim wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:45 pm First of all, want to say a big thanks to CodeMystics.

I'm happy with the comments ;) but just want you to know that I'll +1 this suggestion
It does this. See http://www.codemystics.com/ki/#rounds
Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper »

Lol late to the party I already been playing it the second it was released 👍. Awesome update thanks