ps4 kof2002um and kof98umfe

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
taengk0530

ps4 kof2002um and kof98umfe

Post by taengk0530 »

Hi I have question of those two games.

when playing king of fighters 2002 um in ps4 version, in arcade mode

when the boss or mid boss intro video begins it's sounds to loud.

this issue was in steam version and already fixed but in ps4 version has this issue still in latest version.

could this bug fix after?

and in PS4 version king of fighters 98 umfe

in character select screen , highlight the character to use classic character(aka ex character)

the key that use to select it is overlapped with exit button so push the button and if player cancel to select classic character,

the exit message appears every time.

it's inconvenient because player can't change this keys and could you guys plz separate this keys to two different buttons ?

(ex: exit button is still, ex character button is ps4 option button or l1 button)

I hope this issues fixed affer. please answer :) bye
CodeMystics

Re: ps4 kof2002um and kof98umfe

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi. Actually, the Exit option does not interfere with EX selection. To select an EX character, hold the touchpad down and press X before releasing the touch pad.
taengk0530

Post by taengk0530 »

Thanks for the reply.

I already know about that but when I cancel the choice of ex character (use touch pad down but cancel and move the cursor) the screen stops and exit message comes.

Actually this makes uncomfort in rocal plays.( anorther player embarrassed when the message comes)

I don't understad why the exit button and ex select button have to use the same button. The kof 02um also use the option button to choose ex character and that doesn't have this issues.

If it's because of random select button, then I think it can use L or R button (same as ps2) so it won't happen when selecting ex character.

I don't understand why exit button is same with ex character button the reason and playing the game with friends in rocal plays it's always happening.
taengk0530

Post by taengk0530 »

I can explain why this issue is inconvenient.

when I play this game(kof98umfe) with other friends in rocal play versus

I use the touch pad pad button for ex character but not pressing X or circle buttons yet,

I move the cursor to another character because of selecting another character(this game has over 10 or more ex characters so it can happen)

that exit message pops up. and saying that have to press circle or X. but second player was selecting character and he press X button because he wants his character X button color. he just press the button to choose his character but the EXit pops up and game exit to main screen.

I experienced this many times. Is this not the inconvenient issues?

So I think about this and let me explain about this games button arrangement.

in character select screen,

team random : L2

single random: option

exit button / ex character button: touch pad

none effect buttons : L1,R1,R2

this is the latest version of kof98umfe ps4 ver.

if code mystics can change the selecting buttons

change ex character button to option(same as ps4 kof2002um)

change single random to R2(same as other classic kof such as ps2,ps3 ver)

than problem solves. its perfect to use and no issue anymore.

if it can't then plz explain why the exit button must be the ex character select button.

I wait your reply. thank you.
Last edited by taengk0530 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

All buttons can be mapped to functions. As pressing and releasing the Select button performs no action, that action was chosen as an Exit feature.
taengk0530

Post by taengk0530 »

actually, I also know it already

so

'As pressing and releasing the Select button performs no action, that action was chosen as an Exit feature.' -> this causes

meaningless pop message when selecting ex character because of the buttons are overlapped.

I am big fan of kof games and collecting all kof console such as neogeo ps1~4 neogeopocket etc but I have never seen taht happen before.

why the ex button have to be the exit button and have to see the pop up message just releasing? I already explaining that this game has lot of ex character and that meaningless pop up is always comes out.

you saying that 'All buttons can be mapped to functions' but I think it's not.

the L1,R1,R2 key in character select screen that function is using secret colors but, this game has 4 secret colors.

each of this keys are L1->AB color / R1-> AD color / R2-> CD color.

then where is the color BC keys?

this means that the fuction which have to use when selecting ex character and game exit buttons are overlapped and meaningless color selecting buttons are mapped with unperfect matching(BC colors falls out)

and causing that meaningless pop up message.

see, I have this game PS2 ver and PS4 UM version and two of UMFE ver. I played this game and buying, collecting since 2009 years.

I satisfied your game transplat in psvita and ps4, steam neogeo games and I also expected when you guys make ps4 version.

I don't want to bother you guys and just, suggest the most perfect key mapping that has no troubles.

so please, please make ex character button and exit button separate each

and please send the random button go to LorR keys.

thanks.