TRON Discs of TRON- Sark is speechless but HE has ,..

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
reflexusa

TRON Discs of TRON- Sark is speechless but HE has ,..

Post by reflexusa »

OK i get where there are cut backs and places that the supervisors of these really good, accurate programmers say don't want to include the Squawk and Talk part of the original program, but for A1U to tell me it's because they wanted to choose the two player version of the game (which nobody played)
is simply not doing due diligence to the authenticity of the original game, the way WE all remember it talking to taunt us.
" I DON"T KNOW HOW YOU SURVIVED PROGRAM, SEND IN THE MIND PROBE" now when these words are supposed to be said, all we hear is "da-ta-da" and a dotted circle spinning on the screen. Hmmm.... what does it all mean. I was hoping for some kind of update, but instead I see a hacking of the high scores pushing my honest real score down. (have you noticed the top 5 or so have exactly the same scores for BOTH settings. You guys do REALLY good work , Keep it up!!!
CodeMystics

Re: TRON Discs of TRON- Sark is speechless but HE has ,..

Post by CodeMystics »

reflexusa wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:09 am OK i get where there are cut backs and places that the supervisors of these really good, accurate programmers say don't want to include the Squawk and Talk part of the original program, but for A1U to tell me it's because they wanted to choose the two player version of the game (which nobody played)
is simply not doing due diligence to the authenticity of the original game, the way WE all remember it talking to taunt us.
" I DON"T KNOW HOW YOU SURVIVED PROGRAM, SEND IN THE MIND PROBE" now when these words are supposed to be said, all we hear is "da-ta-da" and a dotted circle spinning on the screen. Hmmm.... what does it all mean. I was hoping for some kind of update, but instead I see a hacking of the high scores pushing my honest real score down. (have you noticed the top 5 or so have exactly the same scores for BOTH settings. You guys do REALLY good work , Keep it up!!!
Hi, we're afraid you've reached out to the wrong company regarding the game. We did not develop the Tron cabinet for Arcade1Up.

While we are noted in the legals, that is for "Gemini Online Services", which pertains strictly to their licensing of our leaderboard services.

Since you mention the leaderboards, that we can address: the boards are called "Arcade Settings" and "Any Settings". "Any Settings" truly means any settings, including arcade settings. So it is wholly expected that a best score earned on Arcade Settings would also appear identically on Any Settings if it was their best score overall.
reflexusa

Post by reflexusa »

Thanks for the super-fast reply, The score MIGHT be the same, but they are EXACTLY the same. All things considered, most of which is honesty, I don't honestly believe that they would reach the exact same score twice, And with the option to make AII easier with more men would usually translate to Bigger Points!!! It seems the only way I will ever reach my personal best of 390,000 on the actual coin-op machine is if A1U redesigned the joystick to not split away from the base so easily!!! Thanks for having Gamers backs and for the great emulated games you've all done!!
If you find a way that I could get Sark talking again, I would be most appreciative, my programming skills are not the top notch variety, tinkerer at best!!
Love your stuff!!!

reflexusa
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

reflexusa wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:35 pm Thanks for the super-fast reply, The score MIGHT be the same, but they are EXACTLY the same. All things considered, most of which is honesty, I don't honestly believe that they would reach the exact same score twice, And with the option to make AII easier with more men would usually translate to Bigger Points!!! It seems the only way I will ever reach my personal best of 390,000 on the actual coin-op machine is if A1U redesigned the joystick to not split away from the base so easily!!! Thanks for having Gamers backs and for the great emulated games you've all done!!
If you find a way that I could get Sark talking again, I would be most appreciative, my programming skills are not the top notch variety, tinkerer at best!!
Love your stuff!!!

reflexusa
Sorry, it doesn't seem you've understood our score comment correctly. If a person earns 123,456 on Arcade Settings, and that is their best score, that score will be posted to both the Arcade Settings and Any Settings boards at the same time, as a result of that single game play session. It doesn't require the person playing two games with the exact same score. Any score that qualifies for Arcade Settings also qualifies for the Any Settings board too. So, if the same score appears on both boards, then that likely just means the user never played the game at anything but arcade default settings, so their score will match on both boards. Nothing nefarious or improbable is required.

As to Sark, we sympathise and would love to see the voice restored too, but that'll be up to the other company who actually coded it.