KoF 2002 UM (mouse pointer visible during battles)

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Xorcist

KoF 2002 UM (mouse pointer visible during battles)

Post by Xorcist »

I have both KoF '98 UM and KoF 2002 UM for Steam.

KoF '98 UM only shows the mouse cursor when menus are active, during a battle the cursor is normally hidden.

However in KoF 2002 UM (at least in the latest patch - 03/01/2015) the mouse cursor is always visible, which is kinda annoying (especially when recording videos). Sometimes while in the heat of a match I'll bump my desk or something, which makes the mouse jump across the screen, and is even more annoying. I'm sure this is just an oversight, but I wanted to bring it to your attention so it can get resolved.

P.S. You may even want to add an option to enable/disable the mouse entirely, I personally use a joystick to control everything and never really even reach for the mouse. I know you need to keep mouse input in general for the PC, but for people who don't need it, it would be nice to just disable it.

Thanks again for these great Steam ports. Keep up the good work!
CodeMystics

Re: KoF 2002 UM (mouse pointer visible during battles)

Post by CodeMystics »

Xorcist wrote:I have both KoF '98 UM and KoF 2002 UM for Steam.

KoF '98 UM only shows the mouse cursor when menus are active, during a battle the cursor is normally hidden.

However in KoF 2002 UM (at least in the latest patch - 03/01/2015) the mouse cursor is always visible, which is kinda annoying (especially when recording videos). Sometimes while in the heat of a match I'll bump my desk or something, which makes the mouse jump across the screen, and is even more annoying. I'm sure this is just an oversight, but I wanted to bring it to your attention so it can get resolved.

P.S. You may even want to add an option to enable/disable the mouse entirely, I personally use a joystick to control everything and never really even reach for the mouse. I know you need to keep mouse input in general for the PC, but for people who don't need it, it would be nice to just disable it.

Thanks again for these great Steam ports. Keep up the good work!
You're right it should work like KOF98UMFE did. It's a bug that we'll be fixing in a beta branch very shortly. Please keep an eye on the Steam forums for announcements.