Kof98UM half circle inputs - new issues

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Flotilla

Re: Kof98UM half circle inputs - new issues

Post by Flotilla »

If you really want to go down the route of "the input log is wrong, everyone who is not having issues is wrong, and I am indeed doing these inputs correctly", then give proof through evidence. Download a third party input logger and compare results with the input logger you're currently using instead of baselessly speculating.

I would like to remind you that JohnXuandou's grievance with how KOF98UMFE handled keyboards amounted to "The game doesn't consider an incorrectly-performed half-circle motion a half-circle", which isn't something that the developers are obligated to fix. Unless you can prove through the method above that inputs are being improperly read and that you are indeed pressing Down (and ONLY Down), then you are shouting at clouds and giving Code Mystics no helpful information. And no, "it works in [game that isn't KOF98UMFE]" isn't helpful information.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

albedo58 wrote:The input log can show that I'm omitting down inputs, or the more reasonable explanation (as noted by a number of keyboard players), that inputs are not being read correctly.

There are a number of Hitbox users complaining about this, as well as some keyboard users. Also you SHOWED me just how good (or bad rather) your execution was so please don't mention your execution again.

This issue needs addressing because I literally can't use some characters properly on one side, and I have to try to get myself to the other side so that I can use all my options.
The only filtering provided by the game is to fill in missing inputs if you make impossible transitions such as L+R simultaneously or going straight from D+L to D+R (or vice versa). If you record the logs again in NeoGeo mode, you can guarantee it is reporting only the raw key presses. We feel it's reasonable to fill in missing transitions that are impossible via joysticks (as described above) but, as others have noted, we have to walk a line between accommodating poor control devices and making the game itself too forgiving to incomplete inputs. The latter is a game play adjustment and not within our authority to change.

Based on the logs, if you can manage to hit "down" before hitting "right" (rather than at the same time), you should be able to complete the HCF.

As to Hitbox, as we understand it, it is not a keyboard device and it would provide its own "fill in" input. If users of Hitboxes are having issues, we invite them to do similar logging and report the results. Again, if you are concerned what our code is doing in the way of input filtering, do the logging while playing the NeoGeo version. (That said, it does no filtering on game controllers, only keyboards, so Hitboxes should be unaffected either way.)
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Addendum: please have a look at the 1.02 beta and use the TEST option in CONTROLS to see your inputs. There are also a few suggestions for refining the technique in http://steamcommunity.com/app/222420/di ... 682905/#p2
albedo58

Post by albedo58 »

Your new patch has fixed my controls. Now my inputs work just like they do in the other games that I play.

Thanks for looking into this. Not sure how you fixed it and what was wrong but it all works for me now.