Arcade1up Killer Instinct replacment PCB can't connect to A1up servers

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
worstJago

Arcade1up Killer Instinct replacment PCB can't connect to A1up servers

Post by worstJago »

My original Arcade1up KI PCB died (would no longer boot) so I got a replacemnt part new KI PCB from A1up. This new PCB connects to my wifi but keeps giving an error when I am setting up the wifi network and spins for a long time on the "refreshing your connection" step and then eventually gives a cannot connect to arcade1up servers.

I have seen others that got recplacemnt PCBs for KI from a1up reporting the same issue. One notable person is Danny from "TheCornerCade" on youtube, he has been reporting this for months.

I seem to remember someone in the past reporting this and have a memory they said that A1up is sending out "unsigned" boards to people and that is what is causing the network error. I have no idea if that is the case or not, but is there any troubleshotting steps/tips you can give me to get this PCB working online? It does show wifi is connected in the upper left corner of the main menu.

Firmware Version is super old! its 2021-07-17 and because I cannot get online I cannot update the firmware.

Hope you can get me back online, thanks!

Oh btw you may remember me, I helped you guys do some beta testing on the last major patch for A1up KI where you added the quarter up / spectate system.

Hope to year from you soon.
worstJago

Re: Arcade1up Killer Instinct replacment PCB can't connect to A1up servers

Post by worstJago »

Update, it’s fixed!

If anyone else has the same issue again here is the fix:

OverthinkGaming had the same issue with his replacement KI board in 2022 sent me the fix CM sent him. The fix is to set your Public Name to “ChangeSystemDate” and then enter the current date in the format YYYYMMDD. I was immediately back online and the board updated