NGPC Selection question

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
DJ_AwesomeSauce

NGPC Selection question

Post by DJ_AwesomeSauce »

I was wondering what the difference between Color and New Color mode was? I can't tell what's different.
CodeMystics

Re: NGPC Selection question

Post by CodeMystics »

DJ_AwesomeSauce wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:56 pm I was wondering what the difference between Color and New Color mode was? I can't tell what's different.
Hi... pretty simple: New Color gives you all the skins of the New (a.k.a. 2nd generation) Neo Geo Pocket Color, while Color will give you the first generation skins. The Color and New Color had a slightly different aesthetic. So it's strictly about the framing art.
DJ_AwesomeSauce

Re: NGPC Selection question

Post by DJ_AwesomeSauce »

CodeMystics wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:42 pm
DJ_AwesomeSauce wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:56 pm I was wondering what the difference between Color and New Color mode was? I can't tell what's different.
Hi... pretty simple: New Color gives you all the skins of the New (a.k.a. 2nd generation) Neo Geo Pocket Color, while Color will give you the first generation skins. The Color and New Color had a slightly different aesthetic. So it's strictly about the framing art.
Oh, the skins! I thought it affected the colors of the screen, oops. Thank you for clearing that up for me!