More about the penalty system

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
teddyy80

More about the penalty system

Post by teddyy80 »

When I play someone and they VOLUNTARILY leave the game the system says they are assessed a penalty. Are they given a loss as well?

This is what I said to Arcade1up:

Also last point about the penalty system. I've taken a poll on discord and they agreed that giving someone a loss due to connection dropping is beyond wack. We can understand the penalty because you don't know if they pulled the plug or not. However giving a loss is pretty much unfair. Now when a player VOLUNTARILY leaves on his own and is given a penalty, then he should be given a loss as well. Now we do agree with that.
CodeMystics

Re: More about the penalty system

Post by CodeMystics »

Yes. "Penalty" means loss plus potential ban time. (See also our answer to this same question from your Nov 17 post.)

We've previously explained the reasoning behind Arcade1Up's specification: if you give people a way to avoid a penalty/loss, they will voluntarily pull the plug or drop their WiFi signal to do so.

While we're not familiar with the Discord group you're talking about (we don't see this poll on the any of the Arcade1Up Unofficial Discord channels), this is extremely standard for rage quit systems across a large variety of games and platforms.

At any rate, we feel this topic is beating a dead horse. We've said all we can say about it over this and the multiple threads you have previously posted about it. For Support purposes, it's working as designed, and the design is Tastemakers' prerogative alone. In that regard, any further concerns should be directed at Tastemakers.