Phantom Dust

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Esper28

Phantom Dust

Post by Esper28 »

Hey Folks,

Right now the community for Phantom Dust is very limited there's around 700 members in a facebook group of which around 15 are actively playing tag team matches using a private LFG messenger group that holds around 100 members.

It goes without saying that PD is a one of a kind game and its a shame to see it sit in the shadows after a failed reboot and a PC port with zero marketing to revitalize the community base.

Its clear that Microsoft saw value in this IP as shown by their attempt to invest in a reboot several years ago. But at this point I expect very little in regard to update or remake PD, and the game is so well balanced with very few flaws it would be next to near impossible to replicate. Not to mention the Art Style and immersive destructible environment.

:arrow: What I would hope to suggest is to bring a new audience to our beloved Phantom Dust. The most simple way I see this possible, with minimal investment, is by porting Phantom Dust to other platforms. ie Steam, Android, Nintendo Switch.

The main issues I see are 1. Licensing conflicts and 2. Cross platform matchmaking

While I understand this a long shot pipe dream, but otherwise where does Phantom Dust sit with Microsoft?
Has anyone spoke with Yukio Futatsugi?
Is there any future for this game?

<3
7H30
Esper28

Re: Phantom Dust

Post by Esper28 »

Or can we get some updates? maybe another 100-200 skills to update the meta? maybe a new skill school? some new map levels? maybe specific maps or new spawns for 3vs3 or 4vs4?

These are the only changes the game ever needed <3
Last edited by Esper28 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.