How can I get my speakers/sound like this on link

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
teddyy80

How can I get my speakers/sound like this on link

Post by teddyy80 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hrDXBZX90

Is there any upgrades you know of?
CodeMystics

Re: How can I get my speakers/sound like this on link

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hrDXBZX90

Is there any upgrades you know of?
Sorry, it's unclear what you're referring to in the video, in particular, but that's Maximum Hangtime, which is not a game we've worked on.

If you're asking about the NBA Jam Arcade1Up cabinet, there's a standard speaker jack on the control unit, so we think you can theoretically plug in whatever audio hardware you prefer. Though Arcade1Up may be better able to help you out, as we don't have anything to do with the creation of their hardware.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Does being ranked high on the leaderboard have anything to do with your computer teammate playing like garbage? I ask because I still just don't see how my opponent can pick Olajuwon as a teammate and he doesn't have a created character or smarter drone under privileges checked. And I can have Olajuwon as my teammate with me having my created character and smarter drone checked. And his Olajuwon plays lights out while mine plays no defense whatsoever. Doesn't even attempt to block shots, or even rebound. I put in the '111' tournament mode code as well. Does it have anything to do with me being up like 40 or so at times? Cause I know about the 'rubberbanding' cheat that's put in the game (I put up the link that you responded to on arcade1up's reddit page) but even with that I think it's ashamed to always be playing 2 vs 1 against people I know aren't that good as me.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:17 am Does being ranked high on the leaderboard have anything to do with your computer teammate playing like garbage? I ask because I still just don't see how my opponent can pick Olajuwon as a teammate and he doesn't have a created character or smarter drone under privileges checked. And I can have Olajuwon as my teammate with me having my created character and smarter drone checked. And his Olajuwon plays lights out while mine plays no defense whatsoever. Doesn't even attempt to block shots, or even rebound. I put in the '111' tournament mode code as well. Does it have anything to do with me being up like 40 or so at times? Cause I know about the 'rubberbanding' cheat that's put in the game (I put up the link that you responded to on arcade1up's reddit page) but even with that I think it's ashamed to always be playing 2 vs 1 against people I know aren't that good as me.
Same answer as every other time :) ... we did not alter the original game. Rubberbanding and AI are accurate to the original game. We have confirmed this with the original designers, but we have no insight into how it works.

If you are referring to your rank on the global leaderboard, that means nothing to the original game code. It doesn't even know about it.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

How is the Best Overall Player measured? What goes into that? Also how is someone on the greatest players list 1-0 above someone that's 315-1?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:21 pm How is the Best Overall Player measured? What goes into that? Also how is someone on the greatest players list 1-0 above someone that's 315-1?
Best Overall Player is determined by a formula in the original game code that factors in all your stats.

All online leaderboards have the same meaning and ranking scheme as the original in-game score boards.

If you are referring to NBA Hangtime's "Greatest Players", it is ranked by win-loss ratios, with ties broken by the number of wins the person has. 1-0 is a 1.000 win-loss ratio. 315-1 is a 0.997 win-loss ratio. 1.000 is higher. Generally speaking, if there's more than one stat in the board's score column, they are sorted by the first stat, the one that isn't in brackets. 315-1 would rank above 1-0 on Hangtime's "Biggest Winners" board, not the "Greatest Players" board.

"Greatest Players" has a different meaning on Jam and TE, and is equivalent to the "Biggest Winners" board on Hangtime. That is because that's how they were named in the original games. We don't have any insight into why they did that. But again, in all cases, you can tell what is being ranked by looking at the stat on the right column that is not in brackets.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Could you list the secret programers/people/players that are on NBA JAM/JAM T.E./Hangtime? I saw Matthew Perry was listed as a secret player on Hangtime but his code isn't working. Did you take him out along with the Mortal Kombat characters?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:59 am Could you list the secret programers/people/players that are on NBA JAM/JAM T.E./Hangtime? I saw Matthew Perry was listed as a secret player on Hangtime but his code isn't working. Did you take him out along with the Mortal Kombat characters?
Most of the players, such as the Mortal Kombat characters, were removed by Midway during the game's original life. The MK characters were in an earlier version of the game, but were removed from its final release in the 90s.

The only additional players we were told to remove from Hangtime that were otherwise still in the final version were MEDNIK, PERRY, MILLER, and GLENNR. We were not required to remove any secret players from Jam or TE.