Solutions for connection issues in Arcade1Up NBA Jam

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
NBA Jam Fan 2

Re: Solutions for connection issues in Arcade1Up NBA Jam

Post by NBA Jam Fan 2 »

Did you receive any of my uploads? after I read your message and did what you said i could not even get to the joining game bar, it always stops at the connecting bar. Before I read your message i could at least get to the joining game bar.
NBA Jam Fan 2

Post by NBA Jam Fan 2 »

So I noticed something. when I set my NBA Jam cab to the DMZ it says I am unable to set availability on server please check your firewall settings. But when i place the NBA Jam cab back on the router normally it lists me as visible to everyone.

So I would like to try my cab normally and send you some uploads like that.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

NBA Jam Fan 2 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 pm Did you receive any of my uploads? after I read your message and did what you said i could not even get to the joining game bar, it always stops at the connecting bar. Before I read your message i could at least get to the joining game bar.
We deactivated your access to the test machine until we had a chance to communicate via Private Message. Please follow up with us by Private Message or the provided email to discuss a detailed test plan for your situation.
Fozz

Post by Fozz »

Having the same issue as previously stated. Trying to connect to a game, joining loading bar starts moving and it says Fozz (me) internet connection has been lost. Tried DMZ and Port 1972. Comcast/Cisco modem and router. Haven’t been about to join or host an online game since getting the the machine, please help!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Fozz wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 pm Having the same issue as previously stated. Trying to connect to a game, joining loading bar starts moving and it says Fozz (me) internet connection has been lost. Tried DMZ and Port 1972. Comcast/Cisco modem and router. Haven’t been about to join or host an online game since getting the the machine, please help!
Certain routers are having a problem with the data burst that happens when you join a game. We have provided Arcade1Up with a patch to slow down the data burst when this issue is detected, but it requires the host -- not you -- to have the new version. So, this issue will be fixed when they issue the new version (or if you use a different router that doesn't have this problem). In the meantime, if you wish to set up a test with one of our machines that already has the update, to confirm that this is a problem, please reach out in DM.
Celticspride18

Post by Celticspride18 »

Hi! I have a Nighthawk router. Is this one of the routers that is experiencing problems? Also, any idea when Arcade1up is going to offer the update? Thank you!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Celticspride18 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:54 am Hi! I have a Nighthawk router. Is this one of the routers that is experiencing problems? Also, any idea when Arcade1up is going to offer the update? Thank you!
Hi, from our offline tests with you, your problem should be addressed with the next firmware update. We submitted our portion of the firmware update end of June. We don't know how long it takes for it to get through Arcade1Up's review process before they make it live.
Celticspride18

Post by Celticspride18 »

Thank you! :)
BoomSchtick

Post by BoomSchtick »

Hello folks!

I got the NBA Jam Cab for Christmas. I'm having a heck of a time getting online play to work.

I'm using pfSense for my firewall and it's not particularly consumer electronics friendly when it comes to online use.

I have several port forwards working (like Plex,) so I copied the firewall rule for Plex and just modified the port and the destination IP. That does not appear to be working. Of the dozens of times, I've tried to join someone else's game, I have only been able to join one and it was pretty laggy.\

I can see all of the multi-player games available, but when I try to join one, it sits for a time and tells me that the game is no longer available.

I'd love to get this to work if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

BoomSchtick wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:54 am I have several port forwards working (like Plex,) so I copied the firewall rule for Plex and just modified the port and the destination IP. That does not appear to be working. Of the dozens of times, I've tried to join someone else's game, I have only been able to join one and it was pretty laggy.\

I can see all of the multi-player games available, but when I try to join one, it sits for a time and tells me that the game is no longer available.
Two things to check:
  1. Make sure it's a UDP port, not a TCP port you've set up in the port forwarding. Plex uses TCP. NBA Jam uses UDP.
  2. Make sure the arcade cabinet's IP is fixed so that your rule always points to the machine. A dynamic IP might make it a moving target.
You will see the list of games whether or not your port forwarding is set up correctly, as that uses a mechanism more like a web browser, which doesn't need special rules.