Atari's greatest hits - original iPad

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Cavediver

Atari's greatest hits - original iPad

Post by Cavediver »

Hi folks,

I purchased Atari's Greatest Hits years ago (on my gen 1 iPad). I bought the iCade cabinet and it was pretty fun... I recently dusted it all off and tried it again, and for some inexplicable reason the Portrait orientation keeps failing, which means I can't use the iPad in the iCade cabinet.

I've looked and looked through settings and I'm just not seeing the solution. What am I doing wrong?
CodeMystics

Re: Atari's greatest hits - original iPad

Post by CodeMystics »

Portrait is selected manually under the Controls option. It's independent of the device's current orientation.
Cavediver

Post by Cavediver »

Thank you for the fast reply! Unfortunately my version of the software (which is admittedly as old as dirt) doesn't have that option. Is there ANY possible way to side-load an update?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Cavediver wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm Thank you for the fast reply! Unfortunately my version of the software (which is admittedly as old as dirt) doesn't have that option. Is there ANY possible way to side-load an update?
Actually, it's always had this option. Touch the arcade cabinet you wish to play, select the Controls icon, then scroll through the layouts to find the portrait mode one you like the best. Usually the last in the list is the most ideal for iCade.
Cavediver

Post by Cavediver »

My sincere apologies - I was looking for a global setting! I swear I used to know how to operate my iPad, I really did.

Thanks very much, and thanks for putting out such an awesome title!
lohphat

Post by lohphat »

Speaking of the app why is it lo longer in the App Store. I have an iPad Air and used to have the game on it but it’s no longer available in the store. I’m running iOS 12.4.5
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

lohphat wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 am Speaking of the app why is it lo longer in the App Store. I have an iPad Air and used to have the game on it but it’s no longer available in the store. I’m running iOS 12.4.5
Atari removed it from the App Store a while ago. We're uncertain why. They hired us to make the product, but we have no involvement in the sale of it.

However, if you previously had the app on the same Apple ID you use to sign into the iPad Air, you should be able to download it again by doing the following steps:

1. Go to the App Store app on the device.
2. Click the Account icon on the top right.
3. Select Purchased.
4. Scroll down to Atari's Greatest Hits in the list.
5. Click the Download (cloud) icon next to Atari's Greatest Hits to download it again.
6. Run the app and confirm you want to restore purchases.
lohphat

Post by lohphat »

That worked, thanks!
JimiC

Post by JimiC »

I installed Ataris Greatest Hits to my iPad but the volume isn’t working on the games even though it shows to by turned up in the settings. I tried reinstalling it but it made no difference. I have the app on my phone and the game sounds volume works fine there. Just not on my iPad. Strange. Help!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

JimiC wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 am I installed Ataris Greatest Hits to my iPad but the volume isn’t working on the games even though it shows to by turned up in the settings. I tried reinstalling it but it made no difference. I have the app on my phone and the game sounds volume works fine there. Just not on my iPad. Strange. Help!
When you say "not working"... is it silent or just unable to vary the volume? It's possible the system app volume control is overriding the game's setting, particularly if it is muted. Try adjusting the volume in the iOS Control Centre while the app is running.