Peer-to-Peer for kof 2002UM

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Lauyagami

Re: Peer-to-Peer for kof 2002UM

Post by Lauyagami »

Yes, I understand the position and required authorization of SNK. I am also a programmer and I understand the difficulty of modeling a system again, it generates cost, new software engineering and so on. But if so, would the cost required for such a change be so high that SNK would not release this change? Because many players bought this game, and we here in Brazil really like this kof, it is on the rise here among the players. What can we really do to improve the situation? Hug, Lauyagami
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

We can't speak for SNK.

In general terms, though, we expect any company that decides to spend money would be looking for a way for to earn the added expense back.

Because these games are ports of ports of ports that were never built for rollback and aren't emulations (which are easier to retrofit rollback into), it would be a more significant programming effort than usual.
Lauyagami

Post by Lauyagami »

Do I really understand the work needed to make such a change, but doesn't it compensate for customer satisfaction? Many, many and many copies have been sold, generating considerable profit for SNK, and it is normal and acceptable for those who bought the game to want to play with a good and acceptable quality. The way we play, we play because we really enjoy the game, but not to play competitively or even to make championships or something that requires a higher quality, precisely because of the DELAY INPUT system. Being a very well sold game, and I know you can't answer for SNK, but what then justifies the change in kof 97 and not in that kof? All we want is to be able to play the game we bought without DELAY. Do you understand our position as consumers / players? So we gladly want one to do something! A considerable improvement in the game's netcode. I have a suggestion: I understand that the rollback is very costly and perhaps unnecessary because of the cost, because not then allow the server based connection game and let the players create their own room, as it is in Kaillera, YZKOF, Countrer Strike and etc.?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi,

We can only repeat what we wrote above. KOF97 was emulation and built with rollback in mind. KOF98UMFE or KOF2002UM are not and that makes it quite a bit harder. Even then we did the KOF97 work at our own cost, because we knew rollback is important to many fans.

Even Kaillera and YZKOF work because they use emulators. They could not do this KOF98UMFE or KOF2002UM because there are not emulators.

But no matter which choice you want to see, you need to talk to SNK.

We do not own the game and don't make any decisions for it. We are only hired by SNK to do the work. Once our work for them is done there is nothing more we can do unless they decide to bring us in on it again.
Gu1

Post by Gu1 »

Hi guys !
I'm from Brazil too and finally I had the answers I was looking for it about 2002 and 98 for me those games are so awesome and I feel bad because they have a poor netcode for us I hope some day SNK releases 2002 and 98 again but with roll back , and Code Mystics thanks by support and I will looking forward to you work with SNK again and don't forget ROLL BACK ^^
Cheers !!!