KOF2002UM- Please add the same rollback netcode implemented in KOF97 and SSVS

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Diegosilva

KOF2002UM- Please add the same rollback netcode implemented in KOF97 and SSVS

Post by Diegosilva »

Guys after many tentative to configurate the P2P and a lot of tests performed, I would like to ask of is not possible add the same rollback netcode that was add for KOF97 and SSV?
CodeMystics

Re: KOF2002UM- Please add the same rollback netcode implemented in KOF97 and SSVS

Post by CodeMystics »

Diegosilva wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm Guys after many tentative to configurate the P2P and a lot of tests performed, I would like to ask of is not possible add the same rollback netcode that was add for KOF97 and SSV?
The decision to migrate these games to rollback would have to be approved by SNK. It is not a simple task.
Diegosilva

Re: KOF2002UM- Please add the same rollback netcode implemented in KOF97 and SSVS

Post by Diegosilva »

is there anything that we can do?
create our own server in the steam would be a possiblity?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

The game doesn't use servers. All a server could do is be another stop for your data to pass through between your machine and the other machine. For that reason, server-mediated netcode is usually worse than peer-to-peer, unless you and the other player might have better routing to the server than each other.

We understand the desire for rollback. All we can say is it would be best to ask SNK because we do not own or control the game.
Diegosilva

Post by Diegosilva »

do you have any telephone number or direct channel that we can talk to SNK directly? I mean, my afraid is to send a lot emails that will not be readed by them.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Afraid not. They are active on Twitter.