King of Fighters '97 Global Match practice mode

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Piccoro

King of Fighters '97 Global Match practice mode

Post by Piccoro »

Hello.
I'm not sure if it was you guys that made KoF 97 Global Match, or if it was SNK. But if it was you guys, can you answer if you're planning to add a practice mode?

I have all your previous SNK ports, and I think this is the only one that doesn't have it.

Otherwise, this is a great port. Keep up the good work!
1030xxx

Re: King of Fighters '97 Global Match practice mode

Post by 1030xxx »

Yes, hope they will add practice mode in the next update.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

It was developed by us under the direction on SNK. We were hired to create an emulation of the original KOF97, and since it had no practice mode, the emulation doesn't either. We're aware other versions (such as PS1) did have a practice mode, but they weren't based on emulating the original ROMs as this version is. (SSVS had no practice mode in the AES version, but there was in the MVS version, which is how we managed to put it in there. You can tell because, there, the practice mode is censored while regular game play is not.)

We did feel the absence of practice mode, too, and contemplated trying to do something about it at our own expense, but being an emulation, the best we could come up with in the time we had available was basically the same as playing Vs. without anyone on the second player's controls, but you can already do that.
Piccoro

Post by Piccoro »

Thank you for the reply!

I imagined it was because the original AES version didn't had practice mode.
No biggie. As you said, we can practice in VS. mode.

Game is excellent otherwise. Yesterday I played a few online matches, and if the Ping is under 100, the netcode is very smooth.

Thanks again! :D
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Hey code mystics I definetely need a training mode or an option to have full meter and life in the vs mode. I Really want to get into KOF and I saw this game as the perfect opportunity.

Also I see you are very nice with people around here and very helpful keep up the good work
fabiofilho

Post by fabiofilho »

Hi @CodeMystics
I've modified the p1.bin to enable a practice mode in this game. It works perfectly, you just will need to link this mod with the ui/strings/practice.bin.

I'm earning all the achievements normally with this p1 and all other modes works fine too.

Please make this official and update the game! I don't want any credit, I just want see this game improved.

Link to the p1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=141I8m ... LZAGGzOUCa
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

fabiofilho wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:08 am Hi @CodeMystics
I've modified the p1.bin to enable a practice mode in this game. It works perfectly, you just will need to link this mod with the ui/strings/practice.bin.

I'm earning all the achievements normally with this p1 and all other modes works fine too.

Please make this official and update the game! I don't want any credit, I just want see this game improved.

Link to the p1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=141I8m ... LZAGGzOUCa
Hi,

SNK would not permit us to include such changes, but we do encourage you to share this, e.g., on the Steam Discussion groups.
fabiofilho

Post by fabiofilho »

CodeMystics wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:47 pm Hi,

SNK would not permit us to include such changes, but we do encourage you to share this, e.g., on the Steam Discussion groups.
Thanks for the fast answer!
I'll try to link the new practice option with your ui. I'll share with steam community if I succeed doing this.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

fabiofilho wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:08 am
CodeMystics wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:47 pm Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer!
I'll try to link the new practice option with your ui. I'll share with steam community if I succeed doing this.
We would caution though that alterations to the ROMs could cause desyncs in online play with those that do not have these same alterations. It might be best that training mode run on its own copy of the game.