Smart Keyboard - Lost Treasures of Infocom iOS

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
MacOutlaw

Smart Keyboard - Lost Treasures of Infocom iOS

Post by MacOutlaw »

I've been playing the Infocom text adventures ever since they came out when I was a teenager (circa 1980). After playing your iOS port on an iPhone 6, I decided to start playing on a new iPad Pro 12.9 v2 (still on iOS 10). I've got the smart keyboard for the iPad but the game doesn't seem to recognize it. No errors at all and the iOS screen keyboard doesn't show up when I've got the smart keyboard attached (just as it does for other apps). However, I type and nothing happens. I've heard that a bluetooth keyboard will work with LTOI. Any issues with the Apple smart keyboard since it's not bluetooth? Is this a software issue or user error?
CodeMystics

Re: Smart Keyboard - Lost Treasures of Infocom iOS

Post by CodeMystics »

MacOutlaw wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:08 am I've been playing the Infocom text adventures ever since they came out when I was a teenager (circa 1980). After playing your iOS port on an iPhone 6, I decided to start playing on a new iPad Pro 12.9 v2 (still on iOS 10). I've got the smart keyboard for the iPad but the game doesn't seem to recognize it. No errors at all and the iOS screen keyboard doesn't show up when I've got the smart keyboard attached (just as it does for other apps). However, I type and nothing happens. I've heard that a bluetooth keyboard will work with LTOI. Any issues with the Apple smart keyboard since it's not bluetooth? Is this a software issue or user error?
Lost Treasures of Infocom was made before the iPad Pro was available, so we have no experience on how the two interface; however, even if you used a Bluetooth keyboard it was still necessary to touch the screen to activate keyboard input. Have you tried this?
MacOutlaw

Re: Smart Keyboard - Lost Treasures of Infocom iOS

Post by MacOutlaw »

Well, let's chalk this one up to user error. I guess I wasn't touching the screen like I thought. Once I did that, the smart keyboard works perfectly with Lost Treasure of Infocom using an iPad Pro 12.9 v2!