SSVS - filter online matches by ping range

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Poppi

SSVS - filter online matches by ping range

Post by Poppi »

In online play, when I find an oponent with a ping below 125~, the experience is really good. Unfortunaly, I'm having problemas finding good connections and the game usually pair me with people with pings of 180-200 or higher, making the game unplayable online.

Is there a posibility of adding a filter in the search options so we can find more easely the good connections around? (please :( )

Thank you for bringing the game to modern consoles
CodeMystics

Re: SSVS - filter online matches by ping range

Post by CodeMystics »

Poppi wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:59 pm In online play, when I find an oponent with a ping below 125~, the experience is really good. Unfortunaly, I'm having problemas finding good connections and the game usually pair me with people with pings of 180-200 or higher, making the game unplayable online.

Is there a posibility of adding a filter in the search options so we can find more easely the good connections around? (please :( )

Thank you for bringing the game to modern consoles
Unfortunately, the Ping is not known until you establish a connection with the potential opponent. However, you can see it once you select the opponent and enter the room prior to game play, so you can choose to leave if the ping is poor.
Poppi

Post by Poppi »

I was thinking in something similar as the search options present in Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition. There, you can set things so only people below certain ping number show up in the request match screen, making things a little more faster.
Poppi

Post by Poppi »

I hate to bring this topic again, and I know people already demanded this to an exhaustion, but it PAINS ME to no be able to play a game as fun as this because nobody in my region bought this. Just pings over 150-200 at all times. This is why people will never be quiet about the demand of rollback netcode. Games like this NEED this kind of netcode to survive. I just can't understand why SNK is so stubborn about this. I mean, frigging WINDJAMMERS (not that this game is bad or anything) has rollback netcode but one of the best fighting games not is something that I will never understand. :cry: