Another problem with Last Blade 2 (PS4)

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
zerowhitemonkey

Re: Another problem with Last Blade 2 (PS4)

Post by zerowhitemonkey »

CodeMystics wrote:
zerowhitemonkey wrote:
CodeMystics wrote:
Perfect, can you tell how do you think to map the continue function?
I noticed some micro-slowdonws in some stages...do you plan to fix also those?
Thank you for the answer, anyway.
X to continue, O to accelerate the countdown except for Japan where it's the other way around, per the standards.

Microslowdowns that were part of the original game are replicated by emulation and cannot be changed.
Thank you so much.
On a side note, while I understand the reasons beneath an arcade-perfect emulation with slowdowns and all...I think it would be cool to have an option to eliminate that type of flaws...I mean, in the past there was some slowdown only due to the hardware limits, they were not put intentionally.
Perhaps it's only my concern, when I play emulated games with finalburn alpha I usually set its feature "Adjust CPU Speed" to 200% in order to play without any emulated slowdown.

Thank you for your work anyway.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

zerowhitemonkey wrote:On a side note, while I understand the reasons beneath an arcade-perfect emulation with slowdowns and all...I think it would be cool to have an option to eliminate that type of flaws...I mean, in the past there was some slowdown only due to the hardware limits, they were not put intentionally.
Perhaps it's only my concern, when I play emulated games with finalburn alpha I usually set its feature "Adjust CPU Speed" to 200% in order to play without any emulated slowdown.

As an example of why it is desirable to keep the slowdown: if we eliminate the slowdown from Super Star Wars, the game becomes unplayable. It was balanced with the hardware performance in mind.

Furthermore if you allow the games to differ in performance as a user setting, you can no longer be synchronised for online play.
zerowhitemonkey

CodeMystics wrote:
zerowhitemonkey wrote:On a side note, while I understand the reasons beneath an arcade-perfect emulation with slowdowns and all...I think it would be cool to have an option to eliminate that type of flaws...I mean, in the past there was some slowdown only due to the hardware limits, they were not put intentionally.

As an example of why it is desirable to keep the slowdown: if we eliminate the slowdown from Super Star Wars, the game becomes unplayable. It was balanced with the hardware performance in mind.

Furthermore if you allow the games to differ in performance as a user setting, you can no longer be synchronised for online play.
You're right about the online play, but it could be enabled only in local/single player modes (I'm referring only to LB2 which I play with adjusted CPU speed and I can confirm it works flawlessy).
But I understand it can be difficult to implement/test/avoidbugs...and btw the slowdowns are minor so I'll be more than satisfied with continue button remapped/freeze removed/heat haze restored which, as I understand, will be implemented in the next patch.
Thank you
zerowhitemonkey

I've just noticed something (PS$ version) already noted by other users on neogaf ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=167 )...the animations looks weird and the overall image not crisp, very different from the original game, there is something like interframe blending that ruins everything moves on screen, mostly during jump or walking animations.
Some user referring to the problem as "frame-ghosting" sorry if I can't be more precise but it's very evident looking at the game in movement, ex. select washizuka and walk forward-backward to see how the lines in his hakama fickers.
I hope you didn't put it intentionally in order to avoid shadows flickering.
There is hope this problem will be fixed in the next patch?
Thank you
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

zerowhitemonkey wrote:I've just noticed something (PS$ version) already noted by other users on neogaf ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=167 )...the animations looks weird and the overall image not crisp, very different from the original game, there is something like interframe blending that ruins everything moves on screen, mostly during jump or walking animations.
Some user referring to the problem as "frame-ghosting" sorry if I can't be more precise but it's very evident looking at the game in movement, ex. select washizuka and walk forward-backward to see how the lines in his hakama fickers.
I hope you didn't put it intentionally in order to avoid shadows flickering.
There is hope this problem will be fixed in the next patch?
Thank you
As we've often noted, we don't make the design decisions on these products, but yes it was put in to avoid the shadow flicker. There are rules now against flicker due to photosensitivity (seizures due to flashing lights) that didn't exist in the '90s. We weren't sure we'd be allowed to remove the filter, but consulted with the appropriate people and were given the permission to add an option in the patch to turn the filter off, though it will remain on by default.
zerowhitemonkey

CodeMystics wrote:As we've often noted, we don't make the design decisions on these products, but yes it was put in to avoid the shadow flicker. There are rules now against flicker due to photosensitivity (seizures due to flashing lights) that didn't exist in the '90s. We weren't sure we'd be allowed to remove the filter, but consulted with the appropriate people and were given the permission to add an option in the patch to turn the filter off, though it will remain on by default.

Great!
So, basically, you fixed: crash/freeze, heat effect, frame ghosting (with an option to disable that particular filter) and the continue button.
Awesome, we'll wait for patch release.
Thank you!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

For those following this thread, the patch is now live.