Another problem with Last Blade 2 (PS4)

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Mondragon

Another problem with Last Blade 2 (PS4)

Post by Mondragon »

Hello,

i encountered another problem with the game (besides the known freeze issue), which is a missing BGM in the 5th stage in story mode (the 'battlefield') after taking a continue. You only hear the wind blowing and a weird crackling, but no music. Maybe this is a decryption error with the emulation.

Please look into this (and also the missing effects and the freezes in the fire at wadamoya stage). How an emulated game can have such problems is beyond me. Maybe another rom could be a solution?
CodeMystics

Re: Another problem with Last Blade 2 (PS4)

Post by CodeMystics »

We do have a fix for those Fire Stage problems already. We will look at the sound issue you report in more detail. It may be the ROM version, as you suggest.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

After extensive investigation, we have determined that the music terminating after the continue is not an emulation bug. It is accurately reproducing the original ROM's behaviour.
Mondragon

Post by Mondragon »

Well, you're right. I just checked with the real Hardware and it actually seems to be an issue with the game itself.

About the fire stage; does this mean that only the freezing problem or the missing effects as well are fixed? Because this is a huge one too (not as critical as the freezes tho).

Also, can you tell us when a patch will be out? Thanks.
zerowhitemonkey

Post by zerowhitemonkey »

Please, please, PLEASE! Do something about the continue button, why did you assign that to the touchpad in a game born to be used with arcade sticks is beyond me.
I don't know...making that during a continue countdown the start/option button does not bring up the menus but works instead as a mere start button, or easily place the continue on triangle/square/circle button.
Please.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

zerowhitemonkey wrote:Please, please, PLEASE! Do something about the continue button, why did you assign that to the touchpad in a game born to be used with arcade sticks is beyond me.
I don't know...making that during a continue countdown the start/option button does not bring up the menus but works instead as a mere start button, or easily place the continue on triangle/square/circle button.
Please.
Because we are a developer for hire and we do what we're told. :)

Nonetheless we were able to get permission to change it in the upcoming patch.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Mondragon wrote:Well, you're right. I just checked with the real Hardware and it actually seems to be an issue with the game itself.

About the fire stage; does this mean that only the freezing problem or the missing effects as well are fixed? Because this is a huge one too (not as critical as the freezes tho).

Also, can you tell us when a patch will be out? Thanks.
This is the ROM we were given to replicate, so there's not much we can do about issues that are in the original ROM. Interestingly, most games we do via emulation, the customers don't like us tinkering with it at all (let alone the clients). Fighting games seem to be an exception.

As to the timing of the patch, it goes through many stages after we submit it. We have no insight into the timing of that.
Mondragon

Post by Mondragon »

Well, its more about tinkering with the emulator, not with the ROM, as there definitely IS heat flicker in the original game and your emu doesn't show the effect. Also, there is no freeze in the real game. ;)

You guys have done a good job with the port in general, but those problems have to go.
zerowhitemonkey

Post by zerowhitemonkey »

CodeMystics wrote:
zerowhitemonkey wrote: Because we are a developer for hire and we do what we're told. :)

Perfect, can you tell how do you think to map the continue function?
I noticed some micro-slowdonws in some stages...do you plan to fix also those?
Thank you for the answer, anyway.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

zerowhitemonkey wrote:
CodeMystics wrote:
zerowhitemonkey wrote: Because we are a developer for hire and we do what we're told. :)

Perfect, can you tell how do you think to map the continue function?
I noticed some micro-slowdonws in some stages...do you plan to fix also those?
Thank you for the answer, anyway.
X to continue, O to accelerate the countdown except for Japan where it's the other way around, per the standards.

Microslowdowns that were part of the original game are replicated by emulation and cannot be changed.