unlocking characteres in SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millennium or other NGPC games.

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
supah_mama_luigi

unlocking characteres in SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millennium or other NGPC games.

Post by supah_mama_luigi »

Hello,

I have a very major concern regarding these Neo Geo Pocket Color ports that are being done for the Nintendo Switch. As a very big SNK fan, owning a Neo Geo Pocket Color myself, I was very excited to play the switch port of SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium, mostly due to the fact that this port allows local multiplayer to be done through link cable emulation, so I can play this game with my friends for the very first time. However, some of me and my friends favorite characters (Akuma, Geese, Akari, B.B. Hood, M. Bison) are locked in the game. While locked characters in fighting games are usually the norm for games of this vintage, the problem really comes in unlocking them. Unlocking characters in this game involves filling out a 3x3 grid by playing the arcade mode, with each playthrough opening a random assortment of those 3x3 tiles depending on what difficulty you choose. The problem comes from the fact that you can earn duplicates from this, making some playthroughs of the game completely useless towards unlocking anyone if you have bad RNG. I have already done 25 whole playthroughs of the arcade mode, and have only unlocked 2 out of the 8 total unlockable characters. When playing the game on a Neo Geo Pocket Color, you could plug the console into a Dreamcast or another Neo Geo Pocket Color playing SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters Clash to unlock all 8 characters extremely quickly, but that method obviously does not work on the Nintendo Switch port of the game.

Would it be possible to add in some sort of cheat code that players could input in the menu that could load a save file with all the characters unlocked? Whether that be some sort of save state or just load a seperate game ROM with everything unlocked as a save file, either one would work. I feel like fighting game players these days just want to have the full roster available for multiplayer purposes without having to play through the game several dozen times, as not many people really have the time for that, ESPECIALLY given the entirely random nature of unlocking characters in MOTM. To have a code that unlocks everything would not only be extremely convenient but also allow people to access all the game has to offer for multiplayer play sessions. The last thing I would want to see would be people not able to actually play all of this great game due to some antiquated unlock methods for characters.
supah_mama_luigi

Re: unlocking characteres in SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millennium or other NGPC games.

Post by supah_mama_luigi »

Hello once again,

I saw that in the latest update, unlocking motm characters was made easier, so I just want to say thanks. I originally thought that my post was completely ignored, so I deeply appreciate that it was actually done.
CodeMystics

Re: unlocking characteres in SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millennium or other NGPC games.

Post by CodeMystics »

supah_mama_luigi wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:43 pm Hello once again,

I saw that in the latest update, unlocking motm characters was made easier, so I just want to say thanks. I originally thought that my post was completely ignored, so I deeply appreciate that it was actually done.
Hi, sorry about the "ignore"... we had hoped that patch would be released much sooner and we'd simply be able to point you to it in our reply.