Atari Vault - Pesky Question Concerning Lunar Lander

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
quizzyDude

Atari Vault - Pesky Question Concerning Lunar Lander

Post by quizzyDude »

Hi Folks!!

You guys solved my Tempest problem with such aplomb, that I celebrated with a little play time, and I saw Lunar Lander staring at me, and decided to play him a bit too. These games are a wonderful blast from the past, many misspent hours at my college union plugging in a succession of quarters to these wonderful machines. My LL issue directly concerns these quarters actually.

On the Lunar Lander machine, a quarter buys the player fuel to start. During the game, when fuel runs low during a landing attempt, a really basic "cheat" was to put in more quarters to replenish the lander's fuel mid-game. In MAME, this is simulated with the coin slot button ("5"). In Atari Vault, all the machines are emulated in Free Play mode, and there seems not to be a coin slot key, so in Lunar Lander, the user is stuck with only however many fuel units he/she started with. When the fuel runs down, there's no mid-game replenishing, only starting over.

My question here is: Is there a way to simulate inserting coins in Atari Vault's Lunar Lander emulation? If not, would it be possible to add one?

Thanks,

-Ron
CodeMystics

Re: Atari Vault - Pesky Question Concerning Lunar Lander

Post by CodeMystics »

There is no add-fuel option in Atari Vault's Lunar Lander, but you can adjust the amount of fuel you start with in the Game options.
quizzyDude

Re: Atari Vault - Pesky Question Concerning Lunar Lander

Post by quizzyDude »

Hi Folks!!

Thank you for your response. I wasn't expecting a "quick fix" here because "free play" mode underpins the entire application.

I like you guys' Lunar Lander implementation better than MAME's because you show the current lit "play mode" seamlessly, and your mouse-to-lever throttle emulation is more intuitive than theirs (moving the mouse up versus versus moving it down to throttle more). I saw the option to start with more fuel, so I'll play it with the maximum amount. The mid-game add-a-quarter thing was a pretty cool feature for finishing a tough 2nd or 3rd landing. In the overall scheme of things (based on my expected hours of play of each game), the Tempest spinner fix was a huge deal, and this is a tiny blip.

Thanks again for your response. I've bookmarked this forum for future reference. :D

-Ron

"Keep Calm and Pack More Fuel"