Arcade1up NBA Jam software updates

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
TallaNasty

Re: Arcade1up NBA Jam software updates

Post by TallaNasty »

teddyy80 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:38 pm Contacted Mark Turmell, the original lead programmer for Hangtime. Sent him a video of the arcade computer teammate and the arcade1up teammate playing a game. Even he said they didn't make the computer AI that terrible at playing defense. He said he doesn't run fast, get any rebounds, play any type of defense. He's just out there jogging (running with no turbo). And he looked at the opponent AI team and they were playing lights out. Challenging everything, etc. I asked if anyone had an emulation of the game could they reprogram it. He said yes but it would take too much work. He asked which game of the 3 gets more players. I said I see more people playing the original NBA JAM than Hangtime because it doesn't have your computer teammate playing that bad. Plus it has more players like Shaq, Barkley that Hangtime doesn't.
Chill out, teddy bear. The teammate plays the same as it ever has. You're just a scrub at NBA Jam/Hangtime.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Yeah you're right.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Hey Codemystics, there was a guy who I played on the rooftop court and it was the Mortal Kombat 3 rooftop sky. How did he do that? I think he put the shot percentage code in but I'm not sure.

Even though this video is from years ago this is what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tBdlRoegYw
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:00 am Hey Codemystics, there was a guy who I played on the rooftop court and it was the Mortal Kombat 3 rooftop sky. How did he do that? I think he put the shot percentage code in but I'm not sure.

Even though this video is from years ago this is what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tBdlRoegYw
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade/58 ... e/faqs/745
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

I knew about this back in '96 but it didn't answer my question. Maybe the part where it said the outdoor court looks different in certain versions but it mentioned the cheerleaders and not the sky being like Mortal Kombat 3. How can I program my computer teammate to play like the computer opponent? Even after I have beaten all 29 teams and checked 'smarter drone' on the privilege section of create player.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:04 pm I knew about this back in '96 but it didn't answer my question. Maybe the part where it said the outdoor court looks different in certain versions but it mentioned the cheerleaders and not the sky being like Mortal Kombat 3. How can I program my computer teammate to play like the computer opponent? Even after I have beaten all 29 teams and checked 'smarter drone' on the privilege section of create player.
Your question was how he accessed the rooftop court. There is one rooftop court in the beta ROM and one in the release ROM. What you see is the release ROM rooftop court, and the FAQ explains how to do that. In the section headed "CODES" and the one headed "CODES THAT AFFECT GAMEPLAY" or just search the document for all the occurrences of the word "outdoor". It may indeed be the differences you see are because you haven't seen this ROM before, but as we didn't write the game, we can't provide any further insight than what's available on the Internet.

Re: your new question, you can't program it. It's an emulation.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Is there any way I can view the emulation program? And how did you turn off the trivia? Cause that's where the last 10 attribute points would be had.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:49 pm Is there any way I can view the emulation program? And how did you turn off the trivia? Cause that's where the last 10 attribute points would be had.
We have already discussed this up thread. You are wrong on this point. The game does not allow you to have 80 attribute points.

There is no way to "view the emulation program" and nothing to be gained if you did. It tells the ARM processor of the Arcade1Up machine how to run TMS34010 machine code and implement the Midway W Unit graphics and sound architecture. Nothing more.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

There is no plan of getting players who are missing in Hangtime or getting Mortal Kombat players in TE back is there? Cause there hasn't been an update in months.

Oh the name Air Morris is with the wrong secret character who is a white guy. Probably want to update that.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Smarter drone doesn't work. And I figured out the cheat in the game. When you play the computer, especially after beating all 29 teams, they play lights out and your drone only plays hard if you are losing or tied. If you get up by 30 plus he does nothing. Check the video below and start at the 6:43 mark when he says it's basically 1 on 2 at this point. Yes I know it's not the arcade1up game but it's Hangtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w6yyuv_GMY&t=23s