Last Blade2 on GoG

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Kibagami Jubei

Last Blade2 on GoG

Post by Kibagami Jubei »

Dear CodeMystics,

first of all, thank you for bringing great versions of Garou and SamShoVSp.

Since you're betatesting rollback netcode in Last Blade 2 on Steam right now, I wanted to ask if GOG release of LB2 is planned after testing is done?

I know that it's up to SNK and you may not be authorized to disclose theirs plans. But if you are allowed to disclose them, please do:)

LB2 would look good on GOG shelf next to MotW, SamShoVSp and KoFs ported by CM.

best regards,
Maciek
Jotamide

Re: Last Blade2 on GoG

Post by Jotamide »

Kevin04

Post by Kevin04 »

Thanks for bringing the game to GOG. I enjoyed playing it, although I have to admit (being not particularly good at fighting games) it's pretty damn hard.

I have one small request about the GOG version. Since GOG champions DRM-free, this means that at least the single-player portion of the games there should be playable completely independent/offline. Now, the core game of The Last Blade 2 and everything important is working just fine, but when you install the game using GOG's "Offline Backup Game Installer", unlocked gallery images will not be saved and the achievements list cannot be accessed. They only work if you use GOG's client "Galaxy" to play the game - and in case of the achievements, also have a working internet connection.

Would it be possible to change the save system to something more portable like how it's done with the settings? I think at least the gallery should be working without having to install Galaxy alongside. It would make sense to also have the list of achievements available though, since you don't actually need to be online to do any of them. You could still unlock them offline and see them in-game, just the triggers for Galaxy wouldn't work and that's expected if you make the decision to play it without the client.

I hope this is something you can take into consideration.
Last edited by Kevin04 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Kevin04 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:56 am Thanks for bringing the game to GOG. I enjoyed playing it, although I have to admit (being not particularly good at fighting games) it's pretty damn hard.

I have one small request about the GOG version. Since GOG champions DRM-free, this means that at least the single-player portion of the games there should be playable completely independent/offline. Now, the core game of The Last Blade 2 and everything important is working just fine, but when you install the game using GOG's "Offline Backup Game Installer", unlocked gallery images will not be saved and the achievements list cannot be accessed. They only work if you use GOG's client "Galaxy" to play the game - and in case of the achievements, also have a working internet connection.

Would it be possible to change the save system to something more portable like how it's done with the settings? I think at least the gallery should be working without having to install Galaxy alongside. It would make sense to also have the list of achievements available though, since you don't actually need to be online to do any of them. You could still unlock them offline and see them in-game, just the triggers for Galaxy wouldn't work and that's expected if you make the decision to play it without the client.

I hope this is something you can take into consideration.
Hi, thanks for the message. Unfortunately, the way the system current functions is according to GOG and SNK's design preferences.