Garou:MOTW slowdown

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
u_omer

Garou:MOTW slowdown

Post by u_omer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:41 am

Hi,
I compared Garou PS4 and PS2 versions, PS4 version has slowdown when doing some super and special moves which i think arcade version also has because emulation on pc has the same slowdown. But when you overclock cpu on the emulation there is no slowdown. I can understand if you want the game to be like arcade version and this is may be better for online play but having an overclock option for offline play would be a nice option.

Also softening game graphics make neo geo games look better on PS4 but KOF 98 and 2002 UM on PC look too pixelated even with softening option, can you make PC ports look like PS4 ports?

Thank you.

CodeMystics

Re: Garou:MOTW slowdown

Post by CodeMystics » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi,

Yes, the slow down is meant to be authentic to the original arcade version. It's done that way for a number of reasons: authenticity and online multiplayer are a couple. Moreso, Garou (and other Neo Geo games) use "hblank" effects which intertwine the timing of rendering and code speed. Overclocking can have undesirable side effects in some of those. Additionally, overclocking emulation is not feasible on the Vita, and the PS4 version and Vita share a common code base.

As to the filters, the effect is a product of how the video chipsets do smoothing, so it is very likely to have a different outcome on different video cards as well, not just PC vs. PS4.

u_omer

Re: Garou:MOTW slowdown

Post by u_omer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 am

Thank you for your answer, still great port anyway.