Garou: Mark of the Wolves feature wishlist

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Fawz

Garou: Mark of the Wolves feature wishlist

Post by Fawz »

At EVO 2016 a port of Garou: Mark of the Wolves was recently announced for PS4 & Vita. I'm super excited for this as it's one of my favourite fighting games and I actually still play it to this day. We've gotten a few ports of the game over the years and although there have been some nice additions over the Vanilla arcade version of the game there are still many things that could be improved upon.

I was wondering if it would be possible to expand on the character movelist to have more information. Not only including the moves that were omitted in other versions this time around, but also going the extra mile and including character frame data. Another really neat addition would be to include hitxboxes in practice mode, but that's a pretty complex feature to add so I don't expect it to be feasible. Also I hope that after a versus match we have the option to Rematch, Return to Character Select to Quit to Main Menu. Being forced back to character select each time on the PS2 port is a real pain. A good additional inclusion would be full freedom of input remapping, which means allowing things like mapping the same input to 2 separate buttons or having input combinations mapped to the right joystick on a controller.

Last of all it would be really really really nice if the flickering character shadows could be rectified to be static like they were on the X360 port.

I'm really looking forward to a port of this game, and like many others hope that in the future we will also see the game come to Steam/PC. It's nice to hear that the game will also be cross-buy, support online play and have a new gallery mode. Good luck on the port!