Metal Slug 3 (PS3/PS4/Vita) issues - patch suggestions

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
rasputin

Re: Metal Slug 3 (PS3/PS4/Vita) issues - patch suggestions

Post by rasputin »

You could also, just like xbla port, add a multiplayer ranking where score from both players sum up. Also could you add a replay file attached to each score in the ranking, found on most arcades ports? And can you remove hacked scores?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

rasputin wrote:You could also, just like xbla port, add a multiplayer ranking where score from both players sum up. Also could you add a replay file attached to each score in the ranking, found on most arcades ports? And can you remove hacked scores?
When we start one of these projects, discussions are had with the brand owners what features they want, what budget, and what timing they want. We do the best we can within those parameters. We were privileged to work on this game, but are not the owner of this game nor the publisher. Still, we appreciate the feedback and pass it along to the owners. Sometimes there's an opportunity to incorporate it, and sometimes there's not.

Regarding hacked scores, if Sony's leaderboard system is being hacked, that's something beyond our control. Presumably the powers that be can reset the leaderboards, but if they were hacked there's no reason to believe it wouldn't happen again each time it was reset.
haban

Post by haban »

first of all,about the sound,i actually think it sounds better,it always sounded like it was mono and now it is stereo,for me,there are new sounds,and that is great,but,my only problem is that you cannot configurate the online settings,i wanna play sometimes super easy or super hard online,being able to choose how many lives we have,how many continues,if it is only infinite continues,well,the game is just too easy,maybe it is for the ranking,but,why not make official rankings and custom rankings,or just rank games and no rank games,give options to your players,your fans,because this is a great port,the net code is good,better than the neogeo station,i bought this game for the multiplayer,the online multiplayer,there is little to no lag and the control is great,but again,why the restrictions?como on guys,you can do it!i wanna recomend this game to my friends to play online,but right now it feels incomplete,thanks for your time!oh! and forgive my broken english jajaja
haban

Post by haban »

what about this,if you change the online settings it is a non ranked match,but if you leave the settings by default then is a ranked match,everyone wins!!!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Online matches use the same settings for everyone to increase your chances of finding someone to play against. If you and your opponent could choose your desired settings independently, there are literally 1000s of combinations of settings, and the chance of any two people choosing the same settings would be relatively small.
haban

Post by haban »

CodeMystics wrote:Online matches use the same settings for everyone to increase your chances of finding someone to play against. If you and your opponent could choose your desired settings independently, there are literally 1000s of combinations of settings, and the chance of any two people choosing the same settings would be relatively small.

thanks for the answer!and i understand it,but the neogeo station of metal slug 2 for ps3 has lobies,you can see the diferents sesions and their settings,if the avaliability and the chances is our motive,why change to default the settings when you invite someone in your psn friend list to play online?let the players decide how you can play the game,super easy with unlimited continues or hyper hard with few continues and let the adrenaline goes to maximum,come on guys,this can be the definitive edition of metal slug 3!right now it feels like barebones,this game is a clasic,thanks for reading me,playstation players have been waiting for this game for a longtime,please,do a patch,can you?
haban

Post by haban »

what is error E-86000006???when i try to play metal slug 3 online on my vita it always gives me a message of error,what is it?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

haban wrote:what is error E-86000006???when i try to play metal slug 3 online on my vita it always gives me a message of error,what is it?
We're in the dark about this ourselves, but it looks like the recent 3.50 system firmware update has possibly caused some problems. We're looking into it.
haban

Post by haban »

any word on error c2-17646-4? i cannot invite a friend to play online and i cannot play online on the vita yet,any tips or advice???
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

haban wrote:any word on error c2-17646-4? i cannot invite a friend to play online and i cannot play online on the vita yet,any tips or advice???
Vita firmware 3.50 broke the invite method that Metal Slug 3 uses. We have a patch, but it has to wait until the European/Japanese versions ship.