New Input Issues in Beta only?

Have a wish list or something you'd love to see? Post your ideas here!
Flotilla

New Input Issues in Beta only?

Post by Flotilla »

As pointed out here...

In the non-beta vanilla release of KOF98UMFE, linking Benimaru's QCF+SP into QCF2+LP or QCF2+SP is fairly easy. However, the Beta seems to have suffered some sort of regression that makes this difficult for some reason. There's not much issue with the QCF2 supers coming out themselves, but it's difficult to follow up QCF+SP with them while the opponent is in the air. Was anything changed in the way inputs, input filtering, or input buffering is handled to cause this issue? Is this how the game is intended to be, and the ease of execution in vanilla was an error?

EDIT: It seems others are having these issues as well. People are saying it may be related to the NeoGeo-accurate input filtering. http://steamcommunity.com/app/222420/di ... 16671/#p12

One user posted a solution for the half-circle issue that was "fixed" by input filtering that would also prevent inappropriate inputs:
The problem with the Neo Geo filtering is that it can complicate longer inputs, like supers. If you're doing Takuma's Ranbu and the game detects you're doing a half circle, it can add in inputs that will jack the super input and will instead give you HCB+P, which will give you a QCB+P, which is a terrible thing to have happen. Maybe people are used to Neo Geo inputs and it's not going to be a big deal so maybe adding the input filtering doesn't mean much. I would still request that left+right be a neutral input just for the sake of consistent inputs facing both sides.
CodeMystics

Re: New Input Issues in Beta only?

Post by CodeMystics »

Yes, we're on it. Update shortly.
Flotilla

Re: New Input Issues in Beta only?

Post by Flotilla »

CodeMystics wrote:Yes, we're on it. Update shortly.
Awesome, thanks. You guys are really on point with KOF98UMFE's Steam release, working hard to fix up these little issues that a lot of other developers would turn a blind eye to. I'm sure I speak for plenty of people when I say that we appreciate it.