NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
CodeMystics

Re: LOSS GIVEN AGAIN BUT THIS TIME I WAS PLAYING THE COMPUTER

Post by CodeMystics »

We cannot speak for how the original game may assess wins or losses.

The 999-1 situation is as we previously mentioned: the original game's records start to malfunction after 1000 wins. The emulation reproduces this malfunction.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Even on the leaderboard?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

The record is maintained by the game. The leaderboard merely reflects the same data.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Guess what? On my 999-1 profile (the one that I told you the game assessed me a loss on the other message board), it now shows 999-0 on the game screens (1023-0 on the best overall player screen under Hangtime). I just beat a guy and after the game was over my record said 999-0 on the screen before the quarter by quarter score screen. However, on the leaderboard it still shows 998-1 and it doesn't show that I just played under that profile on the best overall list on the leaderboard. Just thought you should know.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Yes, the data corrupts between 1000 and 1023, and after 1023 it gets worse. The leaderboard system is ignoring the corrupt data.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Just wondering, is that anything you guys are trying to fix or planning on fixing?

Just played and won two games under that 999-0 profile. Now it says after the first win 0-999. Then after the second win it said 1-999.
Last edited by teddyy80 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

As we've said previously, altering arcade function in the original ROMs (outside removing things) is generally an impractical task. It is generally accepted that emulation reproduces the original game exactly, and that includes original bugs.

What you are seeing is what happens when you pass 1023 games in the arcade ROM. It has no storage capacity to go beyond 10 bits in your record. You have rolled over the score, as they say.

It's actually common in just about every arcade game. e.g. Defender only supports 6 digit scores, so if you manage to get to 1,023,450 your score would be 23,450.
teddyy80

NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Post by teddyy80 »

I contacted Arcade1up as you said before that you would not do anything unless they say so. I was up 50 and all of a sudden the penalty came up again. My opponent 'oman' bars were in the red the whole time playing. I just let everybody know I won't be supporting or playing online until that changes cause another 259-0 record now has a loss due to this.
CodeMystics

Re: NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:33 pm I contacted Arcade1up as you said before that you would not do anything unless they say so. I was up 50 and all of a sudden the penalty came up again. My opponent 'oman' bars were in the red the whole time playing. I just let everybody know I won't be supporting or playing online until that changes cause another 259-0 record now has a loss due to this.
The bars indicate the ping between the two of you. Being in the red does not necessarily mean the other player's connection is the one at fault. It could be you, or it could be some node between the two of you. If you got the penalty, it suggests that there was some connectivity difficulty closer to you than your opponent, anywhere from your WiFi to something upstream from your ISP. The server logs corroborate this, as Oman did not lose connectivity at any time during your match. Your machine stopped responding to Oman's, not the other way around.
teddyy80

Re: NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Post by teddyy80 »

I use fiber 1000 ethernet, not WIFI. And I checked with my ISP and they said the only time my internet has been down, slow, etc. was when they had came out to service it when it was all the way down. And that was months ago. Got one more question. Since you said it was my fault on my end, how many penalty strikes does oman have before this one today? In other words when was the last time oman had a penalty happen like you said what happened to me today?