NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
teddyy80

Re: NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Post by teddyy80 »

Very serious question. I hit the live button after I selected Hangtime on the main menu. I didn't play anyone but I hit the live button again to bring up the menu with Hide This Menu, Availability, and Leave This Game. The wired icon in the left hand corner had a red X over it for 2 seconds after about 20 minutes or so, and the Availability section said no internet connection. Then it went back to being available again and the red X was gone (literally a couple of seconds had passed). When one of my games about 30 minutes ago was dropped, before it totally dropped, while that loud buzz was sounding, I hit the live button and the red X was over the wired icon for like 2 seconds and it said no internet. Then it said the other person left and would be assessed a penalty. I know he didn't leave.

Now you know I told you I have AT&T Fiber 1000 and I'm on Ethernet (I'll put links to the Ethernet cable and adapter I use). I have my desktop and the game connected to my router/modem via Ethernet along with 3 firesticks via WIFI (one I unplugged). Before I contact AT&T what do you think could be causing that 2 second pause in connection at times and can that be helped? I asked a friend who is a computer guru and he said it could be the modem updating internally or something or it just can't be helped. I told him that it can't be updating that much in a day but I don't know. Also does it have anything to do with the cable sending too much speed to the cabinet? Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2 ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009X ... UTF8&psc=1
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:18 pm If a player leaves in the middle of the game (not dropped connection) and it says they left and will receive a penalty (cause players do that to me all the time), are they accessed a loss on their record?
You are not told why they left. Dropped connections, power loss, intentional leave all produce the same message. So it could be any of those situations.

And, like you, they ultimately will be assessed a penalty only if the algorithm decides so.

17 people saw that message about you in the last two weeks, but you were assessed only one penalty. The rest were determined to be no-fault.

And when we say "penalty", every penalty results in a loss on your record, so they're the same thing.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:43 am Very serious question. I hit the live button after I selected Hangtime on the main menu. I didn't play anyone but I hit the live button again to bring up the menu with Hide This Menu, Availability, and Leave This Game. The wired icon in the left hand corner had a red X over it for 2 seconds after about 20 minutes or so, and the Availability section said no internet connection. Then it went back to being available again and the red X was gone (literally a couple of seconds had passed). When one of my games about 30 minutes ago was dropped, before it totally dropped, while that loud buzz was sounding, I hit the live button and the red X was over the wired icon for like 2 seconds and it said no internet. Then it said the other person left and would be assessed a penalty. I know he didn't leave.

Now you know I told you I have AT&T Fiber 1000 and I'm on Ethernet (I'll put links to the Ethernet cable and adapter I use). I have my desktop and the game connected to my router/modem via Ethernet along with 3 firesticks via WIFI (one I unplugged). Before I contact AT&T what do you think could be causing that 2 second pause in connection at times and can that be helped? I asked a friend who is a computer guru and he said it could be the modem updating internally or something or it just can't be helped. I told him that it can't be updating that much in a day but I don't know. Also does it have anything to do with the cable sending too much speed to the cabinet? Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2 ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009X ... UTF8&psc=1
If he didn't leave, he won't be assessed a penalty. That message is guessing what happened. It's not the authority. As we said, 17 people saw that message about you in the last 2 weeks (which does suggest your connection is flaky somehow), but it errs on the side of caution before legitimately assessing a penalty.

Sorry, we can't help you with hardware. It could be anything from the Ethernet adapter connected to your machine all the way out to something 100 miles from you.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

I may have asked this before, I can't remember. My ISP said that it's probably not the cable or adapter but the speed going into it; meaning my Ethernet is sending 800 to 1000 megs per sec and the adapter is a USB 2.0 which only handles at most 100 MPS. So they suggested I use the WIFI. I'll try it because I know a few other players that were on Ethernet having the same problems and assessed penalties told me they use their WIFI as well. My question is do you know of an Ethernet adapter that is type-B 2.0 which supports over 100 MPS?

And all of this would really be a moot point if the penalty system didn't give a loss with it. By the way I did present that to Arcade1up and they said they will take it under consideration.

I was just on WIFI and had another game drop. Time here is 1:04 AM Central Time. My router/modem is about 6 ft from the cabinet.

If 17 people saw a dropped message then I have a suggestion for you to pay attention to. If all the drops a day are around 5 and I'm always one of them then you probably have a case of my connection/eqipment, etc. If that number is say 50 to 100 or more, then more than likely that many people don't have flaky connections.
Last edited by teddyy80 on Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 pm I may have asked this before, I can't remember. My ISP said that it's probably not the cable or adapter but the speed going into it; meaning my Ethernet is sending 800 to 1000 megs per sec and the adapter is a USB 2.0 which only handles at most 100 MPS. So they suggested I use the WIFI. I'll try it because I know a few other players that were on Ethernet having the same problems and assessed penalties told me they use their WIFI as well. My question is do you know of an Ethernet adapter that is type-B 2.0 which supports over 100 MPS?

And all of this would really be a moot point if the penalty system didn't give a loss with it. By the way I did present that to Arcade1up and they said they will take it under consideration.

I was just on WIFI and had another game drop. Time here is 1:04 AM Central Time. My router/modem is about 6 ft from the cabinet.

If 17 people saw a dropped message then I have a suggestion for you to pay attention to. If all the drops a day are around 5 and I'm always one of them then you probably have a case of my connection/eqipment, etc. If that number is say 50 to 100 or more, then more than likely that many people don't have flaky connections.
Again, we can't help you with hardware. That said, as we've said before, we only need 1Mbps, not 100Mbps.

Regarding dropped connections, there are many every day, but with most of them, the machines involved confess to knowing something about it and ultimately being responsible. Yours doesn't.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

I'm lost. What do you mean the machines involved confess? And I didn't know all that's needed is 1 MBPS.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:38 pm I'm lost. What do you mean the machines involved confess? And I didn't know all that's needed is 1 MBPS.
We're not at liberty to discuss the inner workings of the the rage quit system. It would be counterproductive.

Regarding 1Mbps, it was mentioned when we had a very similar conversation with you 5 months ago:

https://www.codemystics.com/forum/viewt ... 1910#p1910
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Do you know anyone at arcade1up I can talk to directly about the penalty system not giving a loss? Got another one and was up 55 at the time.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:49 pm Do you know anyone at arcade1up I can talk to directly about the penalty system not giving a loss? Got another one and was up 55 at the time.
Please use their customer support channels.