GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES achievements have never worked in the GOG version of the game

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Carnage

GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES achievements have never worked in the GOG version of the game

Post by Carnage »

Hello,
I don't know why after all this time the problem hasn't been solved yet, but anyway I would like to point out that the achievements of GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES of the version updated by Code Mystics on GOG have never worked. This is evidenced by the fact that all new achievements have a completion percentage of 0.0%, meaning that no player has ever been able to unlock them.

Can you please check what the problem is and fix it? Thank you.
CodeMystics

Re: GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES achievements have never worked in the GOG version of the game

Post by CodeMystics »

Carnage wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:54 am Hello,
I don't know why after all this time the problem hasn't been solved yet, but anyway I would like to point out that the achievements of GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES of the version updated by Code Mystics on GOG have never worked. This is evidenced by the fact that all new achievements have a completion percentage of 0.0%, meaning that no player has ever been able to unlock them.

Hi, thanks for reaching out. We're quite surprised not to have heard about this before now. Based on what you are describing vs. what we see, perhaps there's a server configuration issue. We'll reach out to GOG and see if they have any insight.
Carnage

Re: GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES achievements have never worked in the GOG version of the game

Post by Carnage »

CodeMystics wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi, thanks for reaching out. We're quite surprised not to have heard about this before now. Based on what you are describing vs. what we see, perhaps there's a server configuration issue. We'll reach out to GOG and see if they have any insight.
Thank you, perhaps the fact that the new version is a different game in all respects may have complicated things, at least in the GOG environment.
Carnage

Post by Carnage »

CodeMystics wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi, any news about the GAROU achievements that aren't unlockable in the latest version of the game? I've just tried again and they don't work, and if you need more proof the unlock rates of the new achievements are still all stuck 0.0% of players. Please do something about this.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

The achievements unlock for us, but we're tied to the development server. All evidence points to this being a consumer server configuration issue on GOG's side. We reached out to them in October after the last reply in this thread. We have not received a reply.
Carnage

Post by Carnage »

CodeMystics wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:49 pm The achievements unlock for us, but we're tied to the development server. All evidence points to this being a consumer server configuration issue on GOG's side. We reached out to them in October after the last reply in this thread. We have not received a reply.
Thanks for the reply, is there anything we normal users can do to accelerate a possible response from GOG?

Is it possible that the problem is related to the fact that half of the achievements are unlocked with the old version of the game, and the other half with the new version, and therefore Galaxy is not able to make them both active?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

The achievements being spread across two games should not make a difference.

You can register your concern with GOG but we expect first tier customer service to say it's likely a problem with the game, since that would normally be the case. Still as of now the last communication we got from GOG was that there were no customer service complaints so you can at least change that.
Specs

Post by Specs »

Hello CM & everyone!

After some extensive testing with various versions etc, I've managed to unlock in the current version 4 achievements both ingame and in the galaxy client itself, i.e.: All 3 multiplayer achievements (win 5 matches, win 20 matches, win 10 matches in a row) and 1 for clearing the survival mode. Everything else in the story mode + the 1cc clear only unlocked ingame (achievement itself and the gallery entry), however it didn't translate to the galaxy client itself and after quitting/restarting the game, all those new unlocks were relocked again. Since they don't stick, I suspect that userdata on gog server are not saved properly for the story mode.

I've cleared the story mode with Marco/Butt on every single CM version that is available via Galaxy rollback feature, with the same result. Also tried another character or two, with no difference. Enabling/disabling cloud saves had no impact, since everything besides options/settings seems to be saved on the server side anyway. I suspect that is why gog is having some issues, since usually they are all about local/offline saves, so this way of implementing saves and achievements was perhaps something new for them - or they didn't test all of it properly. However some do work at least, so it is a mystery to me.

P.S. I have little hope it would get fixed on gog side anytime soon, since they went through some changes after CDPR's CP2077 release and not necessarily for the better as it seems.

Update:
The cheevo for clearing the game as Tizoc in story mode mysteriously unlocked, however not after clearing the game... but ~1 hour later, while waiting in the lobby for a buddy to host an online match. It was within the same game session where I first finished the game with 4 different characters and then went on to play some online matches. No other cheevos did unlock in that session, nor was I ever able to replicate that behaviour with other cheevos. I can't even claim to gog support that the cheevos aren't working, because clearly they are somewhat functional. Go figure I guess, but it's a complete mystery to me.
Cpt.Specs, signing off!
Carnage

Post by Carnage »

CodeMystics wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:22 pm The achievements being spread across two games should not make a difference.

You can register your concern with GOG but we expect first tier customer service to say it's likely a problem with the game, since that would normally be the case. Still as of now the last communication we got from GOG was that there were no customer service complaints so you can at least change that.
After a long time there seems to be an interesting report from a user about the GAROU achievement problem. It seems that he managed to unlock them using the old version of Galaxy, and not the current 2.0 version. What version did you use when you tested the game? This could be the key to the problem.

Specs wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:01 am Update:
The cheevo for clearing the game as Tizoc in story mode mysteriously unlocked, however not after clearing the game... but ~1 hour later, while waiting in the lobby for a buddy to host an online match. It was within the same game session where I first finished the game with 4 different characters and then went on to play some online matches. No other cheevos did unlock in that session, nor was I ever able to replicate that behaviour with other cheevos. I can't even claim to gog support that the cheevos aren't working, because clearly they are somewhat functional. Go figure I guess, but it's a complete mystery to me.
Cpt.Specs, signing off!
I hadn't seen this post until today, do you remember if by any chance you unlocked them using the old version of Galaxy as another user stated recently?
Specs

Post by Specs »

Carnage wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:04 am I hadn't seen this post until today, do you remember if by any chance you unlocked them using the old version of Galaxy as another user stated recently?
I'm sorry, I don't visit forums much since my initial report. It's easier to reach me on steam or gog (as Spectrum legacy). Anyway, I've managed to get 100% achievements in Garou using the newest Galaxy at that time, which was already the new v2+. I'm sure that I managed to get majority of these cheevos as the first person ever on gog side because they are semi-bugged / delayed there, since the majority had no % at all in global statistic. Day after the unlock, they went to 0.0% global and later after my friend unlocked them one by one, they went to 0.1% once the server updated those statistics. Someone beaten us to dotemu cheevos and also clearing story as Terry + 1cc clear and mp-related cheevos iirc. Probably they unlocked for them after delay too and they were as suprised/confused as I was.

Anyway, the way it "works" is that you unlock one achievement in-game while nothing will popup in galaxy for next ~2 hours. So keep playing some practice matches offline or even online and it will pop randomly. It's pretty tedious way just to get 100% though, but since I've played matches while "waiting", it was alright. It's weird, but that's how I got those stubborn ones at least. Hope it helps.