NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
CodeMystics

Re: NBA HANGTIME SAID LOST CONNECTION AND GAVE ME PENALTY....AGAIN

Post by CodeMystics »

This is not a bug. We're not sure what prior bug you were referring to that is now fixed.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

I figured that the system would be fixed/changed to assess a player a penalty but not a loss due to not knowing why they connection drop happened and it possibly being out of the player's control. There are more dropped games than full ones that I have played. Well here is what they said when it came up before:

Hi John,

Ticket# 132376

Thank you for contacting Arcade1up support.

I acknowledge your gaming skills and your ability to beat the computer while playing games. A winner always a winner!!

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. This information would be shared with the Product team and Codemystics. Hope they come up with a fix to this issue in future.

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this regards.

Best Regards,
Sam - Technical Support
www.arcade1up.com
Last edited by teddyy80 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

No changes have been requested nor made to the penalty system. If your connectivity to both the opponent and the server is severed, we are told to consider it a loss. This may not require your modem to go offline. It could happen "upstream" at your ISP.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

If that is the case then I would have losses everyday. Dropped games happens regularly, about 15 to 20 times daily when I play people online. And if you don't believe me, not saying that you don't, poll the players yourself. I can show you tons of YouTube videos of people stating games drop all the time.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:36 pm If that is the case then I would have losses everyday. Dropped games happens regularly, about 15 to 20 times daily when I play people online. And if you don't believe me, not saying that you don't, poll the players yourself. I can show you tons of YouTube videos of people stating games drop all the time.
You have misread our reply. A penalty occurs when you lose connection to the opponent and server at the same time. A dropped game does not disconnect you from the server.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

And that can't be corrected/changed to not assess a person a loss but just a penalty? Or do I need to talk to Arcade1up directly?

Also how do you know that's not an error on the server's part? I don't know any server, not even the one I use while working for the federal government, that is perfect.
Last edited by teddyy80 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

It can be changed. But it is correct as-is according to Arcade1Up's specification.

But again you may not be understanding this correctly. The server going down is not enough, by itself, to result in a penalty. And if the server were down you wouldn't be able to join games in the first place. (But upon joining them, losing the server would not disconnect you.) Honestly we don't want to get too deep into how it works because we don't want to give bad actors ideas how to circumvent it.

Regardless the most likely false positive is an interruption in your ISP service (even 10 seconds would do it). This is likely what happened in your case. There is no practical way for us to tell the difference between an interruption in your ISP and someone deliberately pulling the plug on the connection. Arcade1Up was aware of this in our design discussions when the system was created.

Edit: so basically, unless Arcade1Up asks us to change it, we're going to leave it the way it is because it's working the way they wanted.
teddyy80

LOSS GIVEN AGAIN BUT THIS TIME I WAS PLAYING THE COMPUTER

Post by teddyy80 »

I was playing the computer and had to go outside. I hit the live button and selected leave game. When I go back and select Hangtime my record that was 240-0 now has a loss on it, 240-1.
CodeMystics

Re: LOSS GIVEN AGAIN BUT THIS TIME I WAS PLAYING THE COMPUTER

Post by CodeMystics »

That has nothing to do with the penalty system. No penalties have been recorded for you since June 17.
teddyy80

Re: LOSS GIVEN AGAIN BUT THIS TIME I WAS PLAYING THE COMPUTER

Post by teddyy80 »

I never said anything about the penalty this time (which it did not assess me), just about the loss on record. If you play only the computer and leave the game or hold the player 2 button to reset the game or player 1 button to go to the leaderboard screen, that result doesn't count; whether you are winning or not. How could it count if you never finished the game?

Also did you ever solve the problem of my 999-1 record not showing up on the leaderboard after I play with that profile?
Last edited by teddyy80 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.