Disconnecting during post-stats screen

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
macmamba21

Disconnecting during post-stats screen

Post by macmamba21 »

After downloading the most recent update, whenever I play in a match online with other people my game disconnects during the post-game stats screen. It's happened 4 times in a row & now I've been banned for 30 minutes... Connection is fine all game & each match has been against different people. Any idea as to why after this update I'm unable to make it past the post-stats screen without getting disconnected? Very frustrating.
CodeMystics

Re: Disconnecting during post-stats screen

Post by CodeMystics »

macmamba21 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:12 pm After downloading the most recent update, whenever I play in a match online with other people my game disconnects during the post-game stats screen. It's happened 4 times in a row & now I've been banned for 30 minutes... Connection is fine all game & each match has been against different people. Any idea as to why after this update I'm unable to make it past the post-stats screen without getting disconnected? Very frustrating.
Which of the three games were you playing?

You must stay connected until the stats screen is done to avoid a penalty.

As it happens consistently, can you make a video of the problem happening, please?

Please also note who you were playing against and when it happened.
macmamba21

Post by macmamba21 »

It's been happening on hangtime. And yes, I understand you have to stay connected past it. The screen goes black after the post-stats screen then goes back to the main menu of the cabinet where I then get a penalty. I got a video of it but it only will let me upload 256kb attachments?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

macmamba21 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:27 pm It's been happening on hangtime. And yes, I understand you have to stay connected past it. The screen goes black after the post-stats screen then goes back to the main menu of the cabinet where I then get a penalty. I got a video of it but it only will let me upload 256kb attachments?
Please upload it to a file sharing or video sharing site and then post the link here.
macmamba21

Post by macmamba21 »

CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

macmamba21 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:33 am https://youtu.be/Ml-7ZQhSZus
Thanks. Our records show all of your penalties registering as deliberate cuts of the Internet connection.

There is a sound in your video that seems to correspond with your disconnect. Are you pressing a particular button or external control at that moment?

Do note that though NBA Jam supports an external keyboard as a secondary control, if you press the ESC key on that keyboard to exit the game, Rage Quit penalties will still apply, but you will not get any warning and it would erroneously register as a deliberate cut.
macmamba21

Post by macmamba21 »

I pressed the red (shoot) button to try to go to the next screen. Not pressing any button other than that. Just a note too, this never happened before the latest update.
macmamba21

Post by macmamba21 »

And no secondary control is being used
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

macmamba21 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:44 pm I pressed the red (shoot) button to try to go to the next screen. Not pressing any button other than that. Just a note too, this never happened before the latest update.
Does the spontaneous exit always correspond to you pressing a button to advance the screen? Does the game spontaneously exit at the same point even if you are playing a solo game? Does it happen if you are not using a custom character? Does it happen if you create a new custom character? (You don't have to erase your old character, just use different initials to create and play a second character.)

We've reset your penalty accumulation for the moment to help with this investigation.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Wassup macmamba. Lakersoldier here. I figured that had been happening to you. Hope everything works out with that. Later bro.