Disconnecting during post-stats screen

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
teddyy80

Re: Disconnecting during post-stats screen

Post by teddyy80 »

Wassup Juggs. Sorry I couldn't get to you today. Man there were about 15 people ahead of you wanting to play me. I generally only do one on one unless I have seen the 2 players on another game as I did with you and MacMamba21. I like to start from the beginning of the game and if you see less than 3 next to my name on the available games then I'm probably already playing somebody and give me about 10 to 20 minutes.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

HugeJuggs wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:34 pm I’m yet to receive a true “penalty” for rage quitting. Every one of the penalties I’ve received had been due to having no clue when to “leave the game” is it at the stats screen? After it shows the score by quarter? It’s lots of bugs to be hashed out and it’s frustrating, especially when someone boots you and YOU RECEIVE A PENALTY.
With the exception of the kick issue (where there's a workaround) the game always tells you if a penalty would apply if you try to leave.

If you press the Live button and see "penalty applies" next to "Leave This Game" then you're leaving too soon. If you hold P1 Start for 5 seconds and a penalty would apply, it will warn you and ask you to confirm before leaving.

To answer your question, the penalty phase ends after you're done with the stats screen, but you won't ever accidentally get a penalty by trying to leave early if you heed the on screen warnings.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

macmamba21 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:03 pm Thanks for the reset,

So I've tried a few games without a created character & had several in a row that it did not disconnect at the end after the post game stats screen and worked great. I also waited until someone else clicked past the screen. However, I just played one & the person who I was playing against disconnected in the 4th quarter - so I had to press the shoot button to continue past the post-game stats screen where it then disconnected like before & took me back to the main menu (I did not receive a penalty because no one else was in the game). So I guess it is happening in solo too? From testing I would say around 20% of the time it happens - though that's the only time it's happened without anyone else in the lobby.
Good news: we've found a situation that can reproduce the problem you describe. If an opponent doesn't have any previous games on their record, and they rage quit on you (or just leave prematurely in the stats screen), this could cause the situation you're describing. We are working on a fix.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Okay I did not leave a game and a message saying 'Leaving an online game in the middle will result in a penalty. Your next penalty in a week will earn a 10 minute ban.'

I joined into someone's game and the guy at player one, who was not the host, had already bought into the 4th quarter. The guy at player 3 (host) didn't select to continue after halftime. So I picked his player. Right before end of the 4th the player one left the game and message said he would receive a penalty. I chose to continue and after the stats screen it went back to the leaderboard screen with the 'Leaving an online game in the middle will result in a penalty. Your next penalty in a week will earn a 10 minute ban.' message. Please reset. Thanks. Name is Lakersoldier.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:28 pm Okay I did not leave a game and a message saying 'Leaving an online game in the middle will result in a penalty. Your next penalty in a week will earn a 10 minute ban.'

I joined into someone's game and the guy at player one, who was not the host, had already bought into the 4th quarter. The guy at player 3 (host) didn't select to continue after halftime. So I picked his player. Right before end of the 4th the player one left the game and message said he would receive a penalty. I chose to continue and after the stats screen it went back to the leaderboard screen with the 'Leaving an online game in the middle will result in a penalty. Your next penalty in a week will earn a 10 minute ban.' message. Please reset. Thanks. Name is Lakersoldier.
This is different than the issue you reported before. This one is the same as the issue macmamba21 reported above. We have a fix and Arcade1Up is verifying it so we hope they'll approve the corrective update soon.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Has the penalties on me been reset?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:04 pm Has the penalties on me been reset?
We will be resetting all penalties when the next update is issued.
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Do you have a time frame of when that might be?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

teddyy80 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:41 pm Do you have a time frame of when that might be?
15 minutes ago. :)
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Oh okay. I looked on their page and don't see any info about what has been updated. Hopefully they got Glenn 'Big Dog' Robinson and Reggie Miller finally on Hangtime.