Slower speed of the Code Mystic games on Windows 10

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
DremPSB

Slower speed of the Code Mystic games on Windows 10

Post by DremPSB »

Hello.

First of all, thanks Code Mystics for rollback support and overall work on bringing SNK classics back to the people's attention. I used to play them fine on my old Windows 7 laptop with AMD A12/Radeon 530.

Last December I accidently destroyed my old laptop and as a result of this unfortunate event, I've bought myself a new gaming rig (Ryzen 9/RTX 3080/Win 10) that is capable of running most of newest AAA PC games at 2K and 4K at highest graphical settings. But not these ports! I'm experiencing a terrible slowdown in any of them on my new rig. I mean overall lower speed of game's animation right from its launch till I close the game. It's not related to the specific moment of the gameplay. Everything just runs slower like there is constant half-second delay or so and it's maddening me.

There are two more PCs running Win 10 in my possession and while one is having the same problems but of worse scale (Intel NUC, it's a low-end device, you know - it's not designed for games), other one runs these ports just fine (but no, for some reasons I don't want to play these games on this concrete device). Both of these two PCs have almost indentical integrated Intel graphics.

I'm completely puzzled. My only hypothesis is: both my new rig and my NUC have a latest version of Windows 10, while my third device hasn't received serious OS update for a year or so. Are these latest Win 10 updates causing these problems?
CodeMystics

Re: Slower speed of the Code Mystic games on Windows 10

Post by CodeMystics »

Try running with the launch option -norescan

Also try turning off VSync.
DremPSB

Post by DremPSB »

CodeMystics wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am Try running with the launch option -norescan

Also try turning off VSync.
There is no VSync option in '98, at least. "-norescan" doesn't help.

Anyway, I've found a solution: I have a desktop resolution at 2560x1440 and switching the game's resolution to the same (full screen) did the work.

Thanks. It's strange though I can't play it in a window, I've used to play it this way...
Last edited by DremPSB on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

DremPSB wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:45 am There is no VSync option in '98, at least. "-norescan" doesn't help.his way...
'98 has not been updated. You'd mentioned rollback, and '98 is the only one without rollback. The others (SamSho V Special, Last Blade 2, Garou, KOF97, KOF2002UM) do have a VSync option.