Last Blade 2

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
EightbitShik

Last Blade 2

Post by EightbitShik »

Hello,

I keep having an issue where when playing the game a message pops up that a new item has been unlocked. Every single time this happens it freezes the game and I have to alt f4 to get out. I saw a post from years ago that says turning of V-Sync might help.

That didn't help.

Please help I LOVED LB2 as a kid.
CodeMystics

Re: Last Blade 2

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi,

Which version are you using? Steam? GOG? Prime?

Also, can you give a specific example of what you unlocked? The normal "Gallery" unlock does not appear until you pause the game, so it should not even appear during game play, let alone cause issues where you cannot exit. We're not aware of any in-game unlock that should trigger outside the pause menu.
EightbitShik

Post by EightbitShik »

Yeah, it's during the pause menu when I want to go to the command menu to learn a move. It's the amazon games version.

https://imgur.com/loMiDda

It just says something was unlocked. It won't go away even if the game doesn't freeze. I can back out all the way to the main menu and that just sits there.
EightbitShik

Post by EightbitShik »

It saddens me that it's been two weeks without a reply.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

EightbitShik wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 pm It saddens me that it's been two weeks without a reply.
We have been unable to reproduce the issue as described.
EightbitShik

Post by EightbitShik »

So you just randomly give up without saying anything? No request to see what happens in action? Dxdiag? Msinfo? OS?

I just bought the console version from another company. Thanks for the free version that might work one day.
jamochet

Post by jamochet »

I am having the same issue as well. What seems to be happening is the gallery unlocked pop up doesn't go away and covers all other menus that are part of this version so the game is still playable unless you want to look at a different UI element through the pause menu.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

jamochet wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:50 pm I am having the same issue as well. What seems to be happening is the gallery unlocked pop up doesn't go away and covers all other menus that are part of this version so the game is still playable unless you want to look at a different UI element through the pause menu.
Can you confirm you are also using the Amazon version? We simply cannot reproduce this problem. If you can perhaps provide a video from game launch to the point where this happens, it could be helpful.

During an online game, the popup will be inhibited until the online session ends. During an offline game, the popup disappears on its own after five seconds. If you find it is not going away, please pause the game to see if that "unsticks" it. If you find it is happening during an online game, please let us know how you got into that state. Either way, a video from launch to the incident would be helpful. (Also, the Gallery unlock popup shouldn't be occurring particularly frequently. Though you can delete the ~cloud.bin file in the Data directory to reset the gallery and achievements.)

Windows has the ability to record videos of game play. Hold the Windows button and press "G" to bring up the recorder overlay, then press the Record button.
EightbitShik

Post by EightbitShik »

Hello,

I made a video like you requested

https://youtu.be/G4zsLooxCY4
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

EightbitShik wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:38 pm Hello,

I made a video like you requested

https://youtu.be/G4zsLooxCY4
To clarify, we meant to leave the game paused for, e.g., 10 seconds, to give the banner time to disappear. Momentarily pausing it for a second will not give it time to dismiss. Does the banner go away if you leave the game paused?

Please understand that, while we were hired 4 years ago to develop the game for SNK, we have not been retained to maintain it and have limited options in that regard. Nonetheless, if we can figure out the issue you are experiencing we'll see what we can do.