Last Blade 2

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
EightbitShik

Re: Last Blade 2

Post by EightbitShik »

I'll give it a shot. But please understand that while you were hired four years ago, your paycheck you got for it showing up on Amazon Games should allow you to support the game. If you couldn't "handle" the support then it shouldn't have been added as a Prime game. I would understand if I bought this game four years later... sure as I'm one dude.. but the money companies get for being on prime to hype them for future games requires some kind of support.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

EightbitShik wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:51 pm I'll give it a shot. But please understand that while you were hired four years ago, your paycheck you got for it showing up on Amazon Games should allow you to support the game. If you couldn't "handle" the support then it shouldn't have been added as a Prime game. I would understand if I bought this game four years later... sure as I'm one dude.. but the money companies get for being on prime to hype them for future games requires some kind of support.
You may be misunderstanding our involvement. We did not add it as a Prime game. That was a decision between SNK and Amazon. The game is SNK's property to do with what they wish. We had no say in the matter. Much of SNK's back catalogue (20+ games in total, many much more "out of print" than this one) were added in this fashion.

Regardless, please let us know the outcome of this test.
MarkusWK

Post by MarkusWK »

Hi,

just to reanimate this old topic: The issue with the "Prime" Version of The Last Blade 2 and the freezes occuring when objects in the gallery (or Archivements in general) are unlocked, is because prime does not link these archivements to your prime account like GOG or Steam do. If you find a solution to deactivated archivements it should be running without any freezes.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

MarkusWK wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:58 am Hi,

just to reanimate this old topic: The issue with the "Prime" Version of The Last Blade 2 and the freezes occuring when objects in the gallery (or Archivements in general) are unlocked, is because prime does not link these archivements to your prime account like GOG or Steam do. If you find a solution to deactivated archivements it should be running without any freezes.
For the record, the gallery unlocks are not achievements and were never tied to achievements. As we understand it, the issue is the unlock banner appears if the game is briefly paused and unpaused and does not disappear during game play. There was no report of a freeze.

It is our belief that the banner will disappear once out of game play (or paused) for 10 seconds, but the user reporting the issue up-thread never replied/confirmed that.

Though, we have not seen this problem, and the reality is we have no ability to provide support on the Amazon re-releases.
MarkusWK

Post by MarkusWK »

Good morning Team,

got basically the same issue with he banner popping up mid game but it does freeze my game. Just got the idea after i clicked on the "gallery" button from the menu. The banner popped up with the "Checking game progress" and it didn't dissappear (waited nearly 5 minutes), bgm and bg animation kept on looping though, but menu vanished.

Workaround for me was grabbing a copy from GOG.com - no problem since then. The other solution would be to use the rom and the bios provided in the package and try to get it running on a third party emulator (which will be a bit more complicated to accomplish)

The above mentioned issue is just an issue with the Version on Amazon Prime because Amazon Prime is not using cloud profiles that saves information on unlockables and game progress. Will post a video later for your convenience.
Last edited by MarkusWK on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

MarkusWK wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:03 pm Good morning Team,

got basically the same issue with he banner popping up mid game but it does freeze my game. Just got the idea after i clicked on the "gallery" button from the menu. The banner popped up with the "Checking game progress" and it didn't dissappear (waited nearly 5 minutes), bgm and bg animation kept on looping though, but menu vanished.

Workaround for me was grabbing a copy from GOG.com - no problem since then. The other solution would be to use the rom and the bios provided in the package and try to get it running on a third party emulator (which will be a bit more complicated to accomplish)

The above mentioned issue is just an issue with the Version on Amazon Prime because Amazon Prime is not using cloud profiles that saves information on unlockables and game progress. Will post a video later for your convenience.
Sorry, we're unclear with your report here. You say it popped up mid-game and froze the game, but then you describe a banner that appeared in the menu, not the game play. Did it only freeze going into the gallery?

If it does this from launch (e.g. you can make this happen without entering game play), find the game's install directory, look in the Data subfolder, and send us all the files that start with "~".

This is not an issue with cloud profiles. Cloud profiles are not necessary for the game to function.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

For anyone encountering this issue, we have recently discovered that in some of the Amazon Prime releases (e.g. KOF97), if you have never visited the MULTIPLAYER menu, the "unlock" banner can get stuck as described. We suggest visiting the MULTIPLAYER menu to see if it unblocks the banner. You simply have to enter the menu and back out again, without using any multiplayer features. If it is the same issue as encountered in KOF97, doing this once only is likely sufficient to make the problem go away permanently.