NBA Jam difficulty

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Cwilliams

NBA Jam difficulty

Post by Cwilliams »

It would be super awesome if there was an update that allowed for a real change in difficulty on the NBA Jam Arcade1up. No matter what the difficulty is set to, you will lose 99% of the time by one or two points(after having a big lead going into the 4th quarter). Until there's a patch for connectivity issues, many people are left with only playing against the cpu and it's "rubberband AI" that always comes back to win by 2. If the difficulty was consistent for the entire game on each difficulty setting, I think people would be happy. Please consider, thanks!
CodeMystics

Re: NBA Jam difficulty

Post by CodeMystics »

Cwilliams wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:03 am It would be super awesome if there was an update that allowed for a real change in difficulty on the NBA Jam Arcade1up. No matter what the difficulty is set to, you will lose 99% of the time by one or two points(after having a big lead going into the 4th quarter). Until there's a patch for connectivity issues, many people are left with only playing against the cpu and it's "rubberband AI" that always comes back to win by 2. If the difficulty was consistent for the entire game on each difficulty setting, I think people would be happy. Please consider, thanks!
Hi, unfortunately, that's not at all practical. The game is an emulation -- a ROM binary without any source code -- so we are not at liberty to change these aspects. Even changing the cosmetic aspects (for licensing reasons) was a very involved process. Logic changes would not be feasible.
Cwilliams

Post by Cwilliams »

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. Looking forward to the update to improve connectability then, to play against someone other than the computer. :)
Thanks for all your work!
teddyy80

Post by teddyy80 »

Hey sometimes I hit the shoot button and it passes the ball. Why does it do that?