Phantom Dust refuses to boot...

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
CodeMystics

Re: Phantom Dust refuses to boot...

Post by CodeMystics »

Microsoft suggests the following:
www.sysinternals.com
Download the Sysinternals Suite
Right click the zip, and select "Unblock"
Extract the ZIP

Elevated Prompt:
md c:\dumps
procdump.exe -ma -i c:\dumps
This should create detailed crash logs that you can then forward to us.

Also when you say that no other games exhibit this issue, does that include other games from the Windows Store?
zelgadisgray

Post by zelgadisgray »

ok I successfully setup the sysinternals thing but Phantom Dust is crashing too quickly for procdump to catch the process and create a dump file...

the "good new" is I tried different Windows Store game and 2 of them crash as well (Minesweeper and UNO) and procdump is creating dump for them also the Event Viewer log show more info, seems to be a problem with Windows.UI.Xaml.dll for both, can it affect Phantom Dust?

Tried to run System File Checker to see if the dll was corrupt but it said everything was fine.
Faulting application name: Minesweeper.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56efcd92
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.15063.332, time stamp: 0x413c77fa
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x008b4523
Faulting process id: 0xf4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f16320d1ecfb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftMinesweeper_2.5.1603.2101_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Minesweeper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: 4462c810-ce6b-4af3-bb7b-7e52e992b2e9
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftMinesweeper_2.5.1603.2101_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Windows.UI.Xaml.dll is fairly fundamental to Universal Windows Apps, of which Phantom Dust is one (as is most anything in the Windows Store). It sounds like something fundamental is broken in your OS installation that UWP apps rely on. It could be a mix of old and new files, an incomplete Windows Update, etc. In any case it's more in the realm of an OS issue and not something specific we could change in the game code. Microsoft's support forums might be of assistance.
zelgadisgray

Post by zelgadisgray »

Ok thanks for your help! I'll investigate this problem and report back if I make if work :)
zelgadisgray

Post by zelgadisgray »

Hey!
I managed to get the game running! :D Turned out I have the N version of Windows 10, which don't have the Media Feature Pack installed by default and most of Windows Store app depend on it... Installing it solved all my problems!!

Thanks again for your support earlier!
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Glad to hear you were able to solve it. 👍