Lost Treasures of Infocom on iOS

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
abscond

Lost Treasures of Infocom on iOS

Post by abscond »

Any chance you'll be releasing an update for the Lost Treasures of Infocom on iOS?

Your last release of it was still 32 bit, which means (among other things) that it drains the battery on iOS devices pretty fast. And it's not going to be too long before Apple removes 32 bit apps from the app store.
CodeMystics

Re: Lost Treasures of Infocom on iOS

Post by CodeMystics »

As Activision is the publisher, only they are able to issue updates. We have had no indication that they intend to provide further updates to this app or Activision Anthology.

While we'll be disappointed to see it go, the warning about battery usage is a generic one from Apple and not especially applicable to Lost Treasures of Infocom.
flojomojo

Lost Treasures of Infocom for iOS needs a 64-bit update

Post by flojomojo »

I'm sure this was a contract work for hire ... but it was nicely done, and received a generous writeup in Touch Arcade today.
http://toucharcade.com/2017/06/22/class ... f-infocom/

Unfortunately, with the upcoming iOS11, it's going to stop working, as it's a 32-bit app. It really needs an update. I hope the owners of the Infocom IP (is it still Activision) do the right thing and bring you back for a proper upgrade.

Maybe they can have you do Activision Anthology while you're at it!

Love your stuff.
CodeMystics

Re: Lost Treasures of Infocom for iOS needs a 64-bit update

Post by CodeMystics »

Thanks for the link. We enjoyed the review.

While we'd love to see Lost Treasures of Infocom and Activision Anthology continue on 64-bit iOS (and, indeed, expand to other platforms), alas it is not up to us.
flojomojo

Re: Lost Treasures of Infocom for iOS needs a 64-bit update

Post by flojomojo »

I'd be happy to spread the word ... is it up to Activision?

Perhaps you could pass along this review as well.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Yes it is up to Activision.

Our contacts for these projects have long since departed. We have not received any responses to our inquiries. It is our belief they intend to let the products expire.
fabianr

Post by fabianr »

A real pity if Activision kills Lost Treasures of Infocom. I love this games and the quality of Code Mystics implementation Activision no longer has Infocom trademark so I don't know if that could be a problem. I also love to see an Android port!!!

BTW you should state in the Appstore that the app won't run in iOS 11. I bought the app last month...

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Cheers
Fabián
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Unfortunately we cannot change the Store description. Activision controls all aspects of the product's presence in the Store, including the product description.