How to improve multiplayer on Atari's Greatest Hits

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
berlingoodman

How to improve multiplayer on Atari's Greatest Hits

Post by berlingoodman »

Hi,

My husband and I are big fans of your Atari's Greatest Hits app. We both use iPadAir's to play multiplayer. However, it can still get wonky. The games stutter too much we wish gameplay were smoother. We thought faster Mac products would fix the problem.

Is there any suggestion on how we can get multiplayer to work better? Is a update in the future?

Thanks again for all your great work!

8-)
CodeMystics

Re: How to improve multiplayer on Atari's Greatest Hits

Post by CodeMystics »

Are you using Wifi or Bluetooth to play multiplayer? Some Wifi routers can cluster packets which can cause problems with real-time multiplayer. You could try turning off Wifi on the devices and connecting them by Bluetooth instead to see if it improves the situation.
berlingoodman

Post by berlingoodman »

I guess I'm using WiFi. Is there a setting I need to change, or do I have to turn off WiFi in order to try only the Bluetooth?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

berlingoodman wrote:I guess I'm using WiFi. Is there a setting I need to change, or do I have to turn off WiFi in order to try only the Bluetooth?
Just to be certain which form of connection it is using, you could turn off Wifi and turn on Bluetooth on both devices and try the connection.

Then, try the opposite where you turn on Wifi and turn off Bluetooth on both devices.