Huge Input Lag in Garou for PS4

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
u_omer

Re: Huge Input Lag in Garou for PS4

Post by u_omer »

I thought maybe you can understand the lag from video by hearing the sound of button pressing

Have you tried Garou on PC via emulator or steam? Maybe Xbox360 version has better input latency than the arcade version. I also compared PS2 version and it felt the same to me.

CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

We used high speed cameras to re-test LB2 and Garou. The frame delay appears to be nearly the same in both versions. (There is one more frame of emulation overhead in Garou than LB2. That 1/60th of a second difference is unlikely to be detectable. Any difference is likely perceptual.) The delay has a number of contributors: controller processing, PS4 system video processing time, and indeed emulation overhead. We note from http://www.displaylag.com/video-game-in ... -database/ there are no games reported with less then 5 frames of lag, so it is very likely 5 frames of the delay you are seeing is the combined baseline delay from the PS4's input and display pipeline. We can account for several additional frames of input lag due to the emulator itself. (Certain TVs and HDMI switches can add more frames of overhead, which, subjectivity aside, can explain why some people see it worse than others.) We can cut at least three of those emulation frames out in a subsequent patch, but, due to this "baseline" plus the design of the original game ROMs, it is unlikely we'll be able to get the input delay below 6 frames.

CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

The latest patch improves the input lag as described above.

KaTst3R

Post by KaTst3R »

I have been playing Garou on Fightcade for quite a while now and just bought this game today on PS4. There is an obvious additional input delay on the PS4 version. This causes the timing for simple combos like Rock's st.hp into super very difficult. The PS4 version is much more un-responsive and I find it hard to even block a high low mix up pressure from the CPU. Im playing both versions on the same monitor. Please help thanks.