Issue with metal slug 3 on ps3

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
fire_fang

Issue with metal slug 3 on ps3

Post by fire_fang »

Hello there code mystics employees, i was forced to make an account here today due to problems with metal slug 3 that i purchased on psn yesterday. The first big problem that i have with metal slug 3 is that im unable to connect to any online games with anybody since i stay stuck at the CONNECTING.... prompt for an indefinite amount of time. However, for some reason i am able to host an online game without any problems whatsoever. Just a bit of info, my router is an At&t U-Verse wireless router that has never given me any problems until now. The second problem is more of an annoyance, i notice that the music in some parts of the game are a bit off as in i only hear half the background music . To clarify, i own a legitimate metal slug 3 neo geo AES cartridge that plays the game's background music perfectly whenever i play it on my television, yet this port seems to be missing some of the background tune as if i was playing with one earphone. Just to clarify again, my tv is a Vizio 32 inch LCD TV model E321VL. Sorry for the long post, but i am really frustrated that this arcade port isn't as decent as i thought it was. Hopefully you guys will be able to fix these problems in the near future. Thanks for taking the time to read this post from a long time fan of the Metal Slug series.
CodeMystics

Re: Issue with metal slug 3 on ps3

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi, to help us diagnose your issue, we need to ask some questions:
  • What region are you in? Europe, America or Japan?
  • Do you experience connectivity issues in online play with any other games?
  • Do you experience problems connecting in Metal Slug 3 when you accept another user's direct invitation or is it just when requesting general matchmaking?
  • What firmware version do you have installed on the platform?
  • Would you be able to cite a specific passage where you notice a discrepancy in the music? For example, you might find a playthough of Metal Slug 3 on YouTube and note the position in the video where the affected music plays? (It doesn't have to be our version and the problem doesn't have to be present in the video itself. We simply would like to know what passage of the music to compare.)
fire_fang

Re: Issue with metal slug 3 on ps3

Post by fire_fang »

Thanks for responding, anyways:

First off, I live in North America, so basically I purchased Metal Slug 3 from the US PSN Store. Second, my issues in playing online co-op is due to connection issues in general online matchmaking basically since I have yet to try playing co-op via direct invitation. Perhaps in the near future, you can implement an online matchmaking lobby system similar to Borderlands 2 or Battlefield 3 possibly. Also, I have the latest update installed just in case if you're wondering (update 1.01 on PS3 I believe it is). Finally , when it comes to the ingame soundtrack, some of the Background music sounds rather incomplete however I am unsure whether it is from the port itself or from my TV settings, here are a few songs from the game that I am mainly referring to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-GEthfnfOc (music from mission 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZ7mtogULA (music from mission 2 when taking the alternate route)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A8ZVwo0NwU (music from mission 3 when you enter the secret factory)
Please listen to these soundtracks carefully and compare them to the port you worked on, I'm sure you might possibly find a distinct difference, although it is still possible that the audio issue might originate from my TV rather that the port itself.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have zero issues playing online with other games that I own: Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, etc.
Edit #2: My PS3's current firmware is version 4.76
Edit #3: Here is a great reference to the incomplete audio that I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcQfv6L8cMk
Please take your time in comparing the audio from this playthrough to the audio from the port you guys worked on. Apologies If I act as an audiophile, but it really annoys me when the game's Background Music sounds sub-par compared to its original iteration.